Spy Shots: Lexus LF-LC Production Prototype Spotted!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-07-28-lexus-lf-lc-production-prototype-400x200.jpg

Matt Farah from The Smoking Tire has posted photos of what looks to be a Lexus LF-LC production prototype to his Instagram account
View the original article post

nabbun

Premium Member
Reactions
Oh wow! High quality benchmarks. I'm impressed. This is going to be very interesting to follow hehe

D

DDas

Honestly my whole day is made seeing this! Lexus said something along the lines of "we plan on keeping the production very similar to the concept" and so far they stayed true to their word. The shape, the taillights, the side window, etc are very LF-LC like. I cannot wait to see it without that camo!

Reactions
i just hope they don't ruin it by putting a 467 hp engine in it...they have to make something special for it....i really wanna see some new lexus engines and i am not talking about 3.0 or 3.5 liter....we need something big....something special....some engines need refreshing like the 3.5L in the IS350....it's been 10 years...it's time to upgrade...

RAL

Reactions
Honestly my whole day is made seeing this! Lexus said something along the lines of "we plan on keeping the production very similar to the concept" and so far they stayed true to their word. The shape, the taillights, the side window, etc are very LF-LC like. I cannot wait to see it without that camo!
I remember them saying they would bring 90% of the concept to production ... looking good!

Reactions
At first I was like, nah this isnt... No, this isn't the LC. Then I looked again and again and again. Noticed the taillights and it is the LC! I really am excited that the LC is coming soon, like real soon! Wish he got a picture of the front though.

Part of me wants the entire thing to be a surprise and wait until the unveiling but another part of me wants to see this leaked inside and out. Can't wait for the future of lexus

Reactions
With so much hearsay, glad to see a drivable prototype...was scared that it wouldn't be more than a concept vehicle just for the shows.

Reactions
This will be the most-exciting Lexus product since the release of the LFA, which went on sale over 4 years ago now.

Reactions
When i first looked at that pic, i thought it was an aston martin. Looks really promising! Does anyone hope for a LC F?

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
great news but it will not be the successor of the LFA
I can only wish LFA chief engineer Horuhiko Tanahashi is working on this car. It is not an LFA successor, but even if it is 70% as good as an LFA, it will be a great car.

Reactions
i just hope they don't ruin it by putting a 467 hp engine in it...they have to make something special for it....i really wanna see some new lexus engines and i am not talking about 3.0 or 3.5 liter....we need something big....something special....some engines need refreshing like the 3.5L in the IS350....it's been 10 years...it's time to upgrade...
I agree! The current Lexus drive trains are quite outdated compared to what the German competitors are offering.

This huge coupe needs a turbocharged 3.0L V6 as entry, a turbocharged 4.0L V8 with 400+ hp as range-toppers and a high-output 4.0L V8 with around 550hp for the F-model.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
WOW! Finally!:D It has been a long 43-month wait for all of us, since the first LF-LC teasers and leaks were shown in December 2011. Too bad they've copied by Youxia in the meantime. Likely the new modular platform delayed it significantly. Considering that the design was frozen in the first half of 2014, I'm not sure why it took so long to see any functional prototypes testing, let alone test mules in stretched RC or chopped LS-bodies.

Let's see the differences:

lexus-lf-lc-concept-inline-photo-436874-s-original.jpg

11371130_1072302089466311_465127233_n.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

11410347_467969926715203_1551487038_n.jpg

I agree! The current Lexus drive trains are quite outdated compared to what the German competitors are offering.

This huge coupe needs a turbocharged 3.0L V6 as entry, a turbocharged 4.0L V8 with 400+ hp as range-toppers and a high-output 4.0L V8 with around 550hp for the F-model.

The LC500 is likely a 5.0 litre V8, but below might actually sit the upcoming 3.0 TTV6. Lexus will likely never see another 4.0 litre V8.

Last edited:
Reactions
WOW! Finally!:D It has been a long 43-month wait for all of us, since the first LF-LC teasers and leaks were shown in December 2011. Too bad they've copied by Youxia in the meantime. Likely the new modular platform delayed it significantly. Considering that the design was frozen in the first half of 2014, I'm not sure why it took so long to see any functional prototypes testing, let alone test mules in stretched RC or chopped LS-bodies.

Let's see the differences:

lexus-lf-lc-concept-inline-photo-436874-s-original.jpg

11371130_1072302089466311_465127233_n.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

11410347_467969926715203_1551487038_n.jpg

The LC500 is likely a 5.0 litre V8, but below might actually sit the upcoming 3.0 TTV6. Lexus will likely never see another 4.0 litre V8.
I wouldn't mind seeing BMW's 3.0L twin turbo L6 under the bonnet though; that's one great engine.

But I seriously hope that the LC500 is not the 5.0L V8 found in the RC-F. It's an "ok" engine, but wouldn't be enough to propel this beast. If Lexus wishes to enter the super-coupe war with this, they need a coupe that is fast, I mean really fast, handsome, handles well and super luxury. Otherwise, it's just gonna be a normal premium-brand coupe, instead of something that competes with the S-Class coupe.

Reactions: Den