Spark Plugs

Reactions
Is it easy to get to all the spark plugs and wires? I assume car has a distributor? I'm only getting 9.8 MPG in the city so somethings wrong! Want to start with the spark plugs & wires & maybe distributor if it has one.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
DO NOT GUESS! You are going to waste time and money if you guess that it needs spark plugs and wires. I assume you're not talking about a 1975 Chevy??

Reactions
I bought this car a month ago and have no idea when previous owner may have changed them! I'm getting terrible gas mileage so guessing is a big part of the puzzle! Car is getting new spark plugs! Thanks for playing!

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
Wow. Good luck with that. You realize there are a ton of variables on what affects fuel mileage, right?

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I'd have a good mechanic check it out rather than just blindly fire the parts cannon. It's possible for plugs to affect mileage, but you'd generally notice it running rough/misfiring if they were a problem.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
I'd have a good mechanic check it out rather than just blindly fire the parts cannon. It's possible for plugs to affect mileage, but you'd generally notice it running rough/misfiring if they were a problem.
He doesn't want to hear logical advice. Try again šŸ˜‰