Sony VISION-S 02 prototype

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Most Japanese brands use sony sensors including some germans

They provide a small % of overall componentry / parts in a vehicle.

The idea that Sony "needed a pretty shell for all its automotive offerings" is ridiculous.

The vast majority of whatever they produce will still need to be third party.

Homologation of components for automotive use isn't a small task either.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Gonna leave this from Automotive News:

Here’s the difference between us and why I trust my understanding of it: I get my information from vehicle production insiders (including people at firms who do these concepts, including for Toyota/Lexus), not press releases or third party speculators. Also given my field of work, I’m well aware that what the “official story” is and what the real story is is often much different, or less exciting.

What they’re describing above is exactly what I said. A third party end to end developed concept mostly comprised of third party components. Sony didn’t contribute jack. The final offering will utilize however many of their components and the rest will be pieced together.

Any other explanation is Sony backfilling the story.

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Here’s the difference between us and why I trust my understanding of it: I get my information from vehicle production insiders (including people at firms who do these concepts, including for Toyota/Lexus), not press releases or third party speculators. Also given my field of work, I’m well aware that what the “official story” is and what the real story is is often much different, or less exciting.
I wholesome agree with your explanation an trust your version. This applies for every sphere of human activity.