Seventh generation Mercedes Benz S-Class

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Honestly I don't know what to say so I will post just the leaked photos

For a lot of people around the world
The S Class was always a benchmark, not sure what happened with this next generation

The same LS mistake of making it more GS than LS, same can be found here as more E than S!

Attachments

• 2021-mercedes-benz-s-class-1.jpg
    2021-mercedes-benz-s-class-1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 2021-mercedes-benz-s-class-2 (1).jpg
    2021-mercedes-benz-s-class-2 (1).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 2021-mercedes-benz-s-class-3.jpg
    2021-mercedes-benz-s-class-3.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 2021-mercedes-benz-s-class-4.jpg
    2021-mercedes-benz-s-class-4.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
That interior design is just sad. Having lots of screens is okay, but at least try to integrate them into one continuous unit (like Honda e). This is just the worst offender of glued-on tablets.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I have my problems with the current S-Class interior (one of the reasons I don't drive one), but it's a masterpiece compared to this. It's a straight-up Tesla ripoff. And that steering wheel looks like what I'd expect to find on a GLA or something, not a flagship.

If this is representative of the shipping car, I can see LS sales improving markedly.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
^its where the steering wheel and cluster fold in to become the level 3 self driving s class....joke of course

Could be part thats missing as part of being a dev prototype

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
Looks like the direction the Germans are going is with the new screens or tablets up in front of the driver. The Lexus LS500 is far nicer compared to this new S class, but seeing things in person might make a difference... The all black interior, YUCK! Looks like Mercedes copied Toyota with the Avalon with the center console as well 🗣 I notice the new black door pivot/attachments appear new. The re ar looks like a miss to me...too much like the new entry level model...front looks Ok, but whatever happened to fog lamps 🤬

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Really disappointing to me - the interior and exterior are both bland and actually look a generation behind the current one. LS, especially with an upcoming refresh, is looking pretty good right now.

I'm also reading the "core" engine will be the "53" I6, not a V8. Looks like Lexus might have been ahead of the game on that one...

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Really disappointing to me. LS, especially with an upcoming refresh, is looking pretty good right now.

I'm also reading the "core" engine will be the "53" I6, not a V8. Looks like Lexus might have been ahead of the game on that one...
Mercedes also halted development of future ICEs. So the new I6 and I4 will be the last one. The V8 will die soon due to emissions and fuel economy regulations.

Lexus might be ahead of time with the V8 to V6 downsizing thing but...the Germans will replace V8 with fully electric powertrain that are smoother and faster. Meanwhile LS-FC is cancelled and there's no LS BEV planned from the beginning.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

I guess this is a way to show off the interior and tech without the exterior design being shown? Weird.