sensitive front brakes

sensitive front brakes

• pads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • calibers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
Hello , we have a 2016 LS F Sport and my question is why the front brakes so sensitive when applying the brakes.
I understand they have the Brembo brakes, but is the other components to the braking system that I should know and drive them better.
Thanks WhitecouldLS

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Have you had a brake job or fluid-replacement done up front, and, if so, do you know if they used the correct-spec brake fluid? With today's sensitive vehicles, you can't just take any generic-fluids off the shelf at any auto-parts store and dump them in. It's also possible that the brake-proportiong valves or sensors could be bad, not directing the pedal-pressure properly to each front or rear brake.

Rockville

Fan
Reactions
There are two issues with F Sport brakes. Grabbiness and noise. These are high friction pads and strong calipers.
This is a recipe for high temperatures at the large rotors. At extremes they need to stop well. They are designed to do this.
The first time I drove with a professional race driver was a revelation. I had a habit of braking early and moderately then carrying speed on a arch through the apex and accelerating out. The pro driver kept up the speed until the last second and just jammed the brakes before the turn and then hit the gas again. If we drove like that we would need fresh pads and rotors weekly plus tires of course. I doubt that many drivers on the street would push a large sedan like that. A light pedal is needed in our stop and go traffic.

FearTheYu

Founding Member
Reactions
This is where Luxury vs Performance show the pros and cons. Rockville pretty much summed it up.