Seeking Advice: Interested in Purchasing 2001 Lexus RX300 with Rebuilt Transmission & Upgraded Features!

Reactions
Hello all,

I'm currently eyeing a 2001 Lexus RX300 with 191,000 miles on the odometer. The previous owner rebuilt the transmission at around 150,000 miles, which seems like a significant advantage. Moreover, the car comes equipped with exciting upgrades, including an android unit with rearview camera, Apple CarPlay, and a premium sound system.

Before making a decision, I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with the 2001 RX300. How has the car performed after the transmission rebuild? Is it still running smoothly, or have there been any recurring issues?

Additionally, if any of you have had experience with aftermarket upgrades, I'd appreciate your insights into how these features have enhanced the driving experience.

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions! Your input will help me make an informed choice about the 2001 Lexus RX300.

Attachments

• lexus 1.jpg
    lexus 1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2
  • lexus 2.jpg
    lexus 2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 2
  • lexus 3.jpg
    lexus 3.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 3
Reactions
Update:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share a quick update. While doing some research online, I came across a blog that suggested a few things to get when buying a car in the US:

1. Window sticker
2. Vehicle history
3. Service history

I managed to get all of them.

For the window sticker, searching for "Lexus window sticker by VIN" helped me find a very detailed one. For the vehicle history, Carfax was about $40, but I found a Carfax alternative for just $15, and I think it was the right choice.

I was also able to verify the vehicle's service history with the same tool.

To my surprise, I discovered that the car had been at an auction, repainted, and upgraded after a major accident. Just sharing this experience here in case it helps anyone.

Thanks!

Last edited: