Lexus GS F Seat Width and big guys

Rob

Reactions
I went to a local dealership to try out the GS-F. I really liked what I had read or heard about the car (p.s search on youtube for the motoman review).
My main complaint is the seat - I'm a big guy and I found the sports seat too narrow. I could fit in the chair but the seat edge lined up exactly with my shoulder blades which was very uncomfortable and probably unsafe. I am curious if anybody has experienced anything similar? I tried adjusting the seat but I couldn't tell if there was away to make the bolsters wider (neither could the sales person). I know some other cars have multi-way adjustable seats, can any GS-F owner confirm if this is the case with the driver's seat.

Thanks

mikeavelli

Reactions
I went to a local dealership to try out the GS-F. I really liked what I had read or heard about the car (p.s search on youtube for the motoman review).
My main complaint is the seat - I'm a big guy and I found the sports seat too narrow. I could fit in the chair but the seat edge lined up exactly with my shoulder blades which was very uncomfortable and probably unsafe. I am curious if anybody has experienced anything similar? I tried adjusting the seat but I couldn't tell if there was away to make the bolsters wider (neither could the sales person). I know some other cars have multi-way adjustable seats, can any GS-F owner confirm if this is the case with the driver's seat.

Thanks

Hi Rob, I'm 6"5 255 and the seat is snug for me. The seats are from the RC F and oddly enough don't offer the array of adjustments the F-Sport and luxury package offers. The bolsters are not adjustable on the GS F but are on the GS F-Sport /luxury package.

I have driven the GS F and RC F extensively (wife owns a GS F-sport, just did 1800 miles in it) to let you know my background. Funny as I've gotten older seat comfort and adjustments are now a buying issue! Good luck.