Rumor: Lexus LC F Coming in 2019?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Which is to say there isn't any one way to do this.

Well said, and I think that's the endgame here. Everyone has a different way of doing things, and that's why I think the GS F is still a very credible car even with a 100 hp deficit.

Turbo, supercharged, N/A, AWD, RWD, V6s, V8s, V10s, 8ATs, DCTs... there are many options. If everyone was doing the same thing the same way, this class would be boring.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Yeah it seems there really isn't one way. We can even look at Audi with their S/RS line and while the RS line technically is against the M/AMG/F etc world, the S models also sometimes compete (and win).

Cadillac has their V cars as well.

Dreski

Fan
Reactions
Yeah it seems there really isn't one way. We can even look at Audi with their S/RS line and while the RS line technically is against the M/AMG/F etc world, the S models also sometimes compete (and win).

Cadillac has their V cars as well.

I'm not sure which S beats a RS model. I don't like audi's so i don't pay attention to them. But top of my head an S4 is -100+hp under vs a RS4.

Getting back to the LC F argument. What some of us are saying is that Lexus needs to put up or just don't compete in this space at all. For the money they will charge customer it needs to have the power to brag. This segment of buyers don't want a turtle parked next to a 911. If the LC F gets beat by a sub 80k Cayman Gt4 or M2. Then why even make this car to compete directly against its own class? If its going to be under powered & heavy then don't even give it a F badge. Slapping F on current RC & GS is all bollocks.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I'm not sure which S beats a RS model. I don't like audi's so i don't pay attention to them. But top of my head an S4 is -100+hp under vs a RS4.

Getting back to the LC F argument. What some of us are saying is that Lexus needs to put up or just don't compete in this space at all. For the money they will charge customer it needs to have the power to brag. This segment of buyers don't want a turtle parked next to a 911. If the LC F gets beat by a sub 80k Cayman Gt4 or M2. Then why even make this car to compete directly against its own class? If its going to be under powered & heavy then don't even give it a F badge. Slapping F on current RC & GS is all bollocks.

In some tests the S6 beat out the M5/AMG and it seemed to fare decent against the GS F as well.

From everything I've heard internally everyone has asked for around 600hp or don't build the car. I think they are crystal clear on opportunities they have so far. Not to mention it probably will be 150k with options....thats a lot of money and it better have power.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The way the LC looks both outside and inside is worth more than how fast the car is. Most fast cars anyway need driver mod.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Out of honest curiosity, how many folks in this thread dropping these numbers have tried living with a car making these levels of power? You can't even begin to safely approach what they can do on the road, and the driver is going to be the deciding factor on a track (look at the lap Pobst did in the RCF and M4, the difference was a few tenths of a second).

I just feel like so many people turn it into spec sheet analysis, which is missing a lot of the point. If you want something flick able and with a more active tail end to maximize track times, go knock yourself out and get an M4 or M4 GTS, but honestly for the amount of time I'm in traffic or around the city surrounded by speed traps and construction, I appreciate having a killer sound system, rock solid quality and an engine that delivers power like a luxury car when I want it to.

I was very critical of the RCF before I lived with it, and I love the thing more every day.

Still find it funny to see people knocking these levels of power. Lexus makes cars for people who want a pragmatic solution to luxury, sportiness, and reliability. Maybe it's just me, but after driving the alternatives in real world conditions, I appreciate them and what they offer, but I love having a GT car that just eats up the road if I'm taking a weekend trip somewhere.

Mk4UmHa

Founding Member
Reactions
Out of honest curiosity, how many folks in this thread dropping these numbers have tried living with a car making these levels of power? You can't even begin to safely approach what they can do on the road, and the driver is going to be the deciding factor on a track (look at the lap Pobst did in the RCF and M4, the difference was a few tenths of a second).

I just feel like so many people turn it into spec sheet analysis, which is missing a lot of the point. If you want something flick able and with a more active tail end to maximize track times, go knock yourself out and get an M4 or M4 GTS, but honestly for the amount of time I'm in traffic or around the city surrounded by speed traps and construction, I appreciate having a killer sound system, rock solid quality and an engine that delivers power like a luxury car when I want it to.

I was very critical of the RCF before I lived with it, and I love the thing more every day.

Still find it funny to see people knocking these levels of power. Lexus makes cars for people who want a pragmatic solution to luxury, sportiness, and reliability. Maybe it's just me, but after driving the alternatives in real world conditions, I appreciate them and what they offer, but I love having a GT car that just eats up the road if I'm taking a weekend trip somewhere.

That's why I picked up an 2005 LS430 UL 5 years ago and went with JIC Coilovers, Wheels, Swaybar setup. 290hp/320tq, 4 doors, 2 A/Cs a big trunk. weighs as much as an RC-F but more luxury! I picked up a motorcycle for speed fix instead.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Yeah, that may be to your taste but I don't think you're necessarily target market for a GT car like this. It sits parked most of the week for me except when I need it, and it's very pretty and I got one at what I consider to be very reasonable money.

Not trying to be a **** or anything, just saying what you did wouldn't even be on my radar of things I'd consider doing. Just different priorities.

And I think you're selling the luxury short on this car, I've been in older models and yeah they ride like a couch but they lack a lot of the modern amenities and safety features of a new car. It's packed full of technology that makes life easy, rides like a missile over water in non sport modes, and has an amazing sound system with minimal extra work from my end, and great reliability. Dealership takes care of everything for me since I don't have the time to deal with it myself. I literally just pay for the service and come home to a detailed car, zero effort ownership.

Mk4UmHa

Founding Member
Reactions
Unfortunately, that car was targeted for people like me but fell short, that's why there's not many of them out there on the streets.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Unfortunately, that car was targeted for people like me but fell short, that's why there's not many of them out there on the streets.

So why such an old LS? You could get a more recent model than 2005 for not a lot of money. You can't get a 2013 LS which are awesome for maybe 50 grand, that leaves you 20 to 30 grand for a fast bike. What did you end up going for? Can't imagine how much bike you could get for the 50 grand plus price diff between the LS and the bike.

Last edited:

Mk4UmHa

Founding Member
Reactions
So why such an old LS? You could get a more recent model than 2005 for not a lot of money. You can't get a 2013 LS which are awesome for maybe 50 grand, that leaves you 20 to 30 grand for a fast bike. What did you end up going for? Can't imagine how much bike you could get for the 50 grand plus price diff between the LS and the bike.

Yea, 4 years ago i picked up this immaculate Ultra Luxury for under 20k, then bought 2 bikes after watching MotoGP in person. LOL, 2013 S1k and a 2014 HP4. I've been waiting on Toyota to build me a Supra replacement since 2007. Lucikly I still have my 1997 6 speed Supra too, and before I picked up the LS, i bought a 95 SC300 to do the complete drivetrain subframe motor swap from a 2001 Supra in Japan.

Still waiting on Toyota to make me my car, the LC is getting close, but still needs more power!

RC-F was almost what pretty much everyone including myself wanted, but it is 300-400 lbs over weight :( one chassis for every car including a convertible that will never be built :(

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Yea, 4 years ago i picked up this immaculate Ultra Luxury for under 20k, then bought 2 bikes after watching MotoGP in person. LOL, 2013 S1k and a 2014 HP4. I've been waiting on Toyota to build me a Supra replacement since 2007. Lucikly I still have my 1997 6 speed Supra too, and before I picked up the LS, i bought a 95 SC300 to do the complete drivetrain subframe motor swap from a 2001 Supra in Japan.

Still waiting on Toyota to make me my car, the LC is getting close, but still needs more power!

RC-F was almost what pretty much everyone including myself wanted, but it is 300-400 lbs over weight :( one chassis for every car including a convertible that will never be built :(

Nah, for only $60-70kUSD, it's plenty of value for the car. The HP4 is only like $20k new, the S1K starts under $20k. So le't say average $12k over 2 bikes, let's say generously $26k on the bikes and the car is worth maybe $15k in good condition.

I'd say you were cross shopping the RC 200t F Sport or RC 300 F Sport with your other options given your budget, not the RC F. In that case, sure what you went with my might a better option is somebody didn't want the modern features. Otherwise i'd get a 2010+ LS plus a couple bikes or maybe an ariel atom, the diff would only be maybe 10-20k more if i had the tolerance for that sort of an arrangement. Otherwise the RC F does fine for an impulse purchase toy.

That said the 200t and 300 F sports are fine for people who want a nice looking luxurious daily driver, but not sure you're the target audience.

If i wanted to go for a real performance focused car, i would spend the extra 20-30 grand and get something legitimately quick, but i never track my car, so this does a fine job as is.