Reviews & News: The Lexus LC 500

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
Yeah actually they are. Many are pension funds, or are held by them. I’m not even sure what the above is meant to convey.

We have social, policy, and capital pressure all aligned to address a serious threat to our way of life. Private equity in major, long lived infrastructure projects are already assessing the impact of climate change on operations and planning for it (flooding, etc).

I’ve lived in actual dictatorships, get a grip, stop being such a fearful person.

It’s just like when people disgustingly liken policy the dont like to nazi germany. It is a clear sign of a limited intellect, mental laziness and a weak grasp of critical thinking, context and facts.

Guess somebody learned absolutely nothing from living in a dictatorship.

Mandates may be ok to you (as long as they're the ones you like of course :unsure:) but they're quite literally the opposite from moral.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions

Everyone loves it......pls for god sake Lexus make more aspirational cars, doesn't necessarily have to be the top end but in current line-up, there's basically a huge gap to fill between LS/LC and soccer mom's vehicles......perhaps 4-door coupe? RWD biased coupe SUVs? 2+2 to replace the ancient RC?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Guess somebody learned absolutely nothing from living in a dictatorship.

Mandates may be ok to you (as long as they're the ones you like of course :unsure:) but they're quite literally the opposite from moral.

“Seat belts are the real oppression.”

I’ve learned plenty, including the bad faith arguments made by malcontented reprobates, which I recognize here. Usually stems from small minded, fearful people who haven’t accomplished much.

Reactions
Uhh, exactly what did you think my warning above was about? Quit it with the political garbage and discuss the LC.

I've been a good boy and said nothing. :^)

Everyone loves it......pls for god sake Lexus make more aspirational cars, doesn't necessarily have to be the top end but in current line-up, there's basically a huge gap to fill between LS/LC and soccer mom's vehicles......perhaps 4-door coupe? RWD biased coupe SUVs? 2+2 to replace the ancient RC?
I have to agree. Lexus needs to realize what makes their cars very unique and interesting and implement those things to the cars that actually sell.

Reactions

They already had a great one, the GS F. But unfortunately killed it off. Maybe the IS 500 will succeed.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Any news on the LC refresh front? Seems like after the teaser pic, the interwebs went silent
I'm not sure if there'll even be a LC refresh at this rate? The LC F prototype from years ago had the refresh taillights but that never happened either. Possible refresh got cancelled too and they're just gonna stick to minor updates over the years?

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
They already had a great one, the GS F. But unfortunately killed it off. Maybe the IS 500 will succeed.

Thing is...their performance line is always so late to the party...it feels like they kinda wanna compete...but don't wanna invest too much into it...so they put out something to make people happy and just call it a day...by the time they release those F vehicles, competions already put out better and newer vehicles. Besides the first IS-F and LFA (or maybe LC since it has an F engine?), the other F's are just pure marketing to deceive people how they are so proud of the F brand...don't wanna sound like beating a dead horse but this is what the current state of F brand looks like.

Reactions
Thing is...their performance line is always so late to the party...it feels like they kinda wanna compete...but don't wanna invest too much into it...so they put out something to make people happy and just call it a day...by the time they release those F vehicles, competions already put out better and newer vehicles. Besides the first IS-F and LFA (or maybe LC since it has an F engine?), the other F's are just pure marketing to deceive people how they are so proud of the F brand...don't wanna sound like beating a dead horse but this is what the current state of F brand looks like.
I owned both the IS F and the GS F. The GS was far superior, but the IS came first. I get that.

I think Lexus is trying to toe the line with these true F models. Balancing performance with Lexus reliability. The V8s in these cars are fantastic, reliable and dependable for the long term. As are the driving dynamics. But they don't seem willing to add turbos to get them in range with the AMGs and Ms of the world. So they fall short and just not appealing to the German shoppers.

But damn, they are fine vehicles.