Reviews & News: The Lexus LC 500

Reactions
It has to be the LC F-Sport Performance.

Lexus needs to get it together with their F division. They say that it is alive and well but need to release more.

I know there's going to be a competitive PHEV RX and the twin-turbocharged V8 LC but what about the LS? LX? GX? Bring back the GS!

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
It has to be the LC F-Sport Performance.

Lexus needs to get it together with their F division. They say that it is alive and well but need to release more.

I know there's going to be a competitive PHEV RX and the twin-turbocharged V8 LC but what about the LS? LX? GX? Bring back the GS!

Years of TTV8 rumors......and it never happens.
Mercedes has it, even the new 7 still has it, also in the form of phev too. V8 is still far from over, not until 2030 at the very least. I can't understand what's the holdback?

Reactions
Mercedes has it, even the new 7 still has it, also in the form of phev too.
Yeah... Lexus needs to get on it.
V8 is still far from over, not until 2030 at the very least. I can't understand what's the holdback?
Honestly I don't even the 2030 ban being a thing. They will realize that the mandate is unbelievably stupid. We need fossil fuels. And there are some people who love ICE's.

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
Mercedes has it, even the new 7 still has it, also in the form of phev too. V8 is still far from over, not until 2030 at the very least. I can't understand what's the holdback?

I'll take Akio Toyoda for $1000, Alex.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Both and more, but specifically “Drop-in Fuel” is the term you want to look up.

Reactions
No. The mandate is necessary and we are already seeing drop in fuel replacements being developed.

Oh yes they are most definitely necessary. /s

Governments need to realize they need to stop forcing stuff on the general populace who don't want EVs. Hybrids haven't become mainstream yet let alone EVs. Also, mandates aren't necessary, it's just an excuse for governments to have people to be forced into submission.

Last edited:
Reactions: LXZ

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Oh yes they are most definitely necessary. /s

Governments need to realize they need to stop forcing stuff on the general populace who don't want EVs. Hybrids haven't become mainstream yet let alone EVs. Also, mandates aren't necessary, it's just an excuse for governments to have people to be forced into submission.

I can tell you the mandates are necessary, and they, alongside other policy, are enabling the conditions to facilitate large scale capital investment in new and necessary, sustainable industries and technologies.

Policy and social tailwinds absolutely have a positive impact. Boards are individually setting targets and goals. Investors want to see it.

If you think EV mandates are “submission” of people, I would recommend you go live in a few different places before resorting to such exaggeration.

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
Not sure why you think it would be him though.

The multitude of rationalizations & excuses for Akio Toyoda need to stop.

At the end of the day, Akio Toyoda is the President & CEO of Toyota & the lusterless lineup of Lexus vehicles along with the lack of innovation & product stagnation, fall squarely on his shoulders.

"To fix Lexus, Toyoda has created a stand-alone Lexus division within Toyota that is responsible for the design, development and marketing of Lexus vehicles worldwide. Its senior managers all report directly to him, an organizational structure that is unique within Toyota. Lexus never had a leader," says Karl Schlicht, general manager of the Lexus Product & Marketing Division, an American who works in Japan as part of the new multi-national Lexus senior management team. "We went to Akio and said 'we need a leader'. And he said, 'I will be that leader".

Toyoda clearly takes that role seriously. "I am passionate about the future of Lexus, and wanted to be personally involved," he says. "I want Lexus to be the car the most sophisticated drivers want to drive, and once they've driven one they never want to drive anything else."

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Toyoda needs to appoint a leader, because he has too much work to also be busy so closely with Lexus.

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
Didn't he appoint Koji Sato as president of Lexus?

Koji Sato's appointment as president of Lexus seems more akin to that of a "title" position with delimited authority.

"Koji Sato takes over as president, but will retain responsibility as chief engineer for the brand’s vehicles."

Reactions
I can tell you the mandates are necessary, and they, alongside other policy, are enabling the conditions to facilitate large scale capital investment in new and necessary, sustainable industries and technologies.

Policy and social tailwinds absolutely have a positive impact. Boards are individually setting targets and goals. Investors want to see it.
Investors are not the people.

I agree in encouraging and having more funding into more sustainable ways of propulsion, however mandates are always met with huge resistance amongst all people worldwide. You cannot force change.
If you think EV mandates are “submission” of people, I would recommend you go live in a few different places before resorting to such exaggeration.
This is how it begins.

Reactions: LXZ

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Investors are not the people.

Yeah actually they are. Many are pension funds, or are held by them. I’m not even sure what the above is meant to convey.

We have social, policy, and capital pressure all aligned to address a serious threat to our way of life. Private equity in major, long lived infrastructure projects are already assessing the impact of climate change on operations and planning for it (flooding, etc).

This is how it begins
I’ve lived in actual dictatorships, get a grip, stop being such a fearful person.

It’s just like when people disgustingly liken policy the dont like to nazi germany. It is a clear sign of a limited intellect, mental laziness and a weak grasp of critical thinking, context and facts.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
agree in encouraging and having more funding into more sustainable ways of propulsion, however mandates are always met with huge resistance amongst all people worldwide. You cannot force change.

Nothing you’ve said is accurate, or even rational. You absolutely can force change. Not that you need to. People are absolutely aligned with addressing climate change. The reasons for policy is to drive capital allocation to areas that may otherwise not attract it.

We are seeing alignment with policy, it’s why politicians are going after it and seeing support as a result. Same in financings. The results don’t lie.

I recall the backlash around mandating seat belts. Low reasoning reactionaries whose entire driving rationale seems to be “I wont do what anyone tells me!” came out of the woodwork around that one too.

Imagine actually saying things like “investors aren’t people” and “you cannot force change”. Facts and history disagree.