Reviews & News: The Lexus LC 500

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
most people who read specs sheets like that dont buy cars.

So what did you get, exactly?

LC is out of the world design for me, inside and out. People came to appreciate SC much later in its life (or out of production), but LC was spot on, that interior is simply amazing.
LC

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The spec sheet war is stupid to the point 90% of performance cars today are faster than a GT3 race car in a straight line but have nowhere close to enough cornering grip and stopping power to safely handle that straight line speed. So they need all the electronic babysitting to stop the owners from killing themselves. A properly designed car should never have more acceleration g-force than deceleration g-force.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
The spec sheet war is stupid to the point 90% of performance cars today are faster than a GT3 race car in a straight line but have nowhere close to enough cornering grip and stopping power to safely handle that straight line speed. So they need all the electronic babysitting to stop the owners from killing themselves. A properly designed car should never have more acceleration g-force than deceleration g-force.
And if we're gonna talk semantics nothing will ever get around to matching a prototype or a Formula 1 car for sheer speed or lap times without being... well, either of those. Nothing will ever compare to the sheer connectedness, and competency of those vehicles, and it's extremely unlikely that we'll even have the capabilities of reaching their limits either. Even track-focused hypercars probably won't be that much faster than them (or be that much easier to drive). Point is, if the basic premise of buying anything that isn't a commuter car is 'spec sheets' rule all, then you're destined to be disappointed with whatever you buy in five years time. And for everything else, I get it. The LC doesn't exist in a vacuum. There are cars that will be faster, more practical, better handling, and have a better interior, even, by all accounts, the LC is supremely flawed, but so is everything else in that segment. So what does it really matter what you do with that kind of money? The LC has the looks, the feel has the sound, and to me, that's what I find is important. It's the distillation what makes an enjoyable road car, with just enough there to be enjoyable pushing it for brief periods of time. So what does it matter that there are other options out there? That's the beauty of motoring at that price point, there's something for everyone there, you want a great sports car with a connected feel? Emeria, 718, etc, great GT car? LC, F-Type, etc. So for those folks out there mulling it over, it's just not worth chasing the specs, they gotta follow their heart on that, all these cars are trying to answer the same question in their own ways, and idk about you folks, but I think that's really cool. 😄

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
I got to sit in one at GPLB. It shook me to my core over how it felt to just, sit inside. I've had a few brief stints in a couple of luxury vehicles, but none of them stuck with me in the way the LC has. Yet for a while after that experience, I relegated myself to the idea that 'I'll never get to the point where I'll be able to own one, it's too nice for a guy like me'. Yet today, I'm here to refute myself. It's a little tough right now, but that's just how it is sometimes. In a way, a vehicle like this reminds me why I love cars to begin with, and seeing other people touting it around the streets, it's inspiring. I want to buy one to drive it until it'll go no more. To that end, that tinge of defiance I feel at the face of adversity, the belief that I can get one, that's the dream car doing exactly what it's supposed to do. Thanks, Lexus. You'll find me on a showroom floor someday looking to buy a flare yellow LC with the dynamic handling package. Or, just maybe, I'll be looking to buy whatever high performance car you're planning to release a handful of years down the line, who knows. :)

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
2022 model year is up: WHAT’S NEW: 2022 LC 500 / 500H

It looks like they are going after a 10-year product cycle lol. I assume we are going to see something big for the LC next year, potentially an LC FSP coming :unsure:? A whole new Lexus interface replacing the old Lexus Enform? Should they ever decided to fit a touchscreen, I hope it will be laid out as nicely as the concept LF-LC did. The exterior does not need any significant change imo, as it is already the best looking two-door coupe on the planet now.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
LC and LS are definitely getting the 10- lifecycle. As for the LX I expect 15 years, last LX of this generation should be sold in 2035. Haha.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
Ah, to be so into this, an RC F and a Supra. They all look so stunning. It's a good time to be into Toyota/Lexus 👌
Quite a fan of this particular look, certainly gives it a more imposing look that's for sure.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
Every part I’ve added is lobster and crab to go with the filet. Now some people do put crap parts on their LC (fries) but that’s their business.

Sorry but I completely disagree. The right modifications take it from sweet to exotic.
Lol that's true, I do absolutely adore the Modellista kit and wheels but that is a very OEM+ looking kit. The rear diffuser and exhaust tips are just dynamite!

223083820_4157696140974854_7642794683620739227_n.jpg