krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2021-03-16-lexus-es-wagon-hero.jpg

Designer Sugarchow has rendered the single greatest Lexus that doesn’t yet exist: a wagon version of the ES sedan. Check out these renderings:

2021-03-16-gallery-lexus-es-wagon-4-400x200.jpg

2021-03-16-gallery-lexus-es-wagon-3-400x200.jpg

2021-03-16-gallery-lexus-es-wagon-2-400x200.jpg

2021-03-16-gallery-lexus-es-wagon-1-400x200.jpg

Outside of the CT hatchback, Lexus hasn’t had a wagon since the IS Sportcross dropped out of production in 2005. Cars of this shape have been a rare sight in North America for some time...

Continue reading...

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Yes, please! I would like to see an ES Hybrid or, better yet, an ES Plug-in Hybrid, in standard FWD is fine for me.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I love it. I wonder if there's any thought for Lexus to actually reconsider the wagon or "SportCross" market... part of me says, "Worth a shot based on the CUV market," and the other part says, "Those people just get CUVs anyway."

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
It's amazing and I myself love wagons but it decreases more than coupe or even sedan right now!

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I love it. I wonder if there's any thought for Lexus to actually reconsider the wagon or "SportCross" market... part of me says, "Worth a shot based on the CUV market," and the other part says, "Those people just get CUVs anyway."
I think that the best that we can hope for in North America is a lifted, black plastic-clad version, like an Outback. Americans do not buy station wagons but they will buy lifted, black plastic-clad long-roof vehicles with a rear hatch rather than a trunk.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The ES need to return again to Camry length instead of Avalon
But then it will be smaller, so must be cheaper. GS will still not come back, LS will not increase sales, and smaller ES will eat IS sales, so no more RWD sporty sedan. ES should be just as is, needs a BEV version and that is it.

I would like. Most SUVs/CUVs are not done for remote off road driving in any case. The only functional use of such cars is road trips/overlanding. Ground clearance and high profile tires are a must. The SUV/CUV ground clearance is enough but nothing extraordinary, Subaru have the same. At equal ground clearance which is the same between lifted wagons and cuvs, the wagons are still overall (roof to ground) much lower, so they still drive better, don't need as stiff suspension but are still soft and "flat" driving.

Camry looks better:
toyota-camry-trek-rendering-2.jpg

Reactions
Would love to see it. I think it would do well. MB does pretty well with their E Class wagon.....