RC-F love it or hate it?

Love it or Hate it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
I'm also ambivalent. I'm not a fan of this worrying trend I'm seeing on new F models now getting larger overhangs. This throws off the styling of the "base" model in my eyes. For example, I think in terms of proportions the stock RC and GS look brilliant. However in terms of proportions the RC F looks off to me because of the larger overhangs. The GS F looks really good proportionally, I just wish the rear was slightly more aggressive and the front with slightly less overhang.

I have yet to see an RC F in person, so I won't make a final judgement until then. The IS F to me looked a bit awkward in photos, but I feel in love in person, so I'm eager to see an RC F in person.

Reactions
Having had the opportunity to witness driving the RC-F at the Atlanta motor speedway was one extraordinary experience. The RC-F exudes a level of tenacity never seen in performance from a Lexus! In terms of the design appeal, its truly Japanese luxury on a grand scale with all the right design language for a super coupe. I give ratings for the RC-F a 10+!!!

bnizzle87

Fan
Reactions
My thoughts....

Positives- continuation of the F performance line, takes cues from the halo vehicle LFA, kept its quad exhaust tips (iconic for the F), and keeps the NA application
Negatives- rear seating is worse than my IS F, mashup of different models into this singular product, no MT option, and no fog lights (I do like that integrated aspect on the RC350)

That being said, flipside909 hit it on the head- where's the exclusive color? The IS F had USB for a small period of time before it became diluted towards the F-sport, and Solar Flare was close to being the iconic color for the RC F alone. Very unique to Lexus to incorporate such a daring color into its palette.

Rod's ISF

Premium Member
Reactions
Have seen the car at my dealership. Pictures do not do it justice. It is stunning in person. As the current owner of an ISF, owning any Lexus is much more than just how fast it will go, or how extreme it handles a corner. It's quality, reliability, a feeling of being solid, at any speed. My ISF is four years old, and has 60000 miles, and I'm never afraid to drop the hammer in it. I will certainly consider an RCF, but may need the room of a GSF. Just wondering, from any current RC owners, can the back seat be used at all? I've tried to get in the back, and it is tight.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
I'm also ambivalent. I'm not a fan of this worrying trend I'm seeing on new F models now getting larger overhangs. This throws off the styling of the "base" model in my eyes. For example, I think in terms of proportions the stock RC and GS look brilliant. However in terms of proportions the RC F looks off to me because of the larger overhangs. The GS F looks really good proportionally, I just wish the rear was slightly more aggressive and the front with slightly less overhang.

I have yet to see an RC F in person, so I won't make a final judgement until then. The IS F to me looked a bit awkward in photos, but I feel in love in person, so I'm eager to see an RC F in person.

The overhangs are getting longer. I suspect for safety certification reasons for pedestrian safety. The first Lexus to gain a long nose is the IS F. CT followed shortly after.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
The overhangs are getting longer. I suspect for safety certification reasons for pedestrian safety. The first Lexus to gain a long nose is the IS F. CT followed shortly after.

Hmmm right, but what is the technical reason for the RC F having a longer overhang that the stock RC? Surely it can't be safety, as the stock RC meets safety certification. Is it due to the V8? The headlight styling of the RC also exaggerates and highlights the overhang on the RC F. I think that if Lexus tried really hard, they could have come up with a shorter, more compact bumper for the RC F, keeping the proportions of the stock RC intact. The stock RC is so beautiful and flowing in pictures. The RC F in pictures looks slightly overwrought due to that front bumper.

I'll stop there though and not get carried away. In person is still the real judgement of styling, not photos. Still waiting for an in person look at the RC F. Might swing by a Lexus dealer to glance at one if any local dealers have one.

phm14

Fan
Reactions
I'm expecting it to sound and feel much like my 2011 ISF, and that's a very good thing. I couldn't resist a 160 mph pull in it, on a very secluded stretch of west Texas highway as I drove it home from AZ, where I bought it. The car felt nearly as stable as a Mercedes SLS I had at that speed briefly ($200K car), and was still pulling when I got out of it. Add the improved styling and interior, and the only thing giving me hesitation is losing the rear doors. I've never owned a sedan before, but it is convenient, and grows on you. I'm 90% sure the RCF will be my next car...unless the law catches up to me and teaches me a hard lesson ;)

LexusTechSA

Founding Member
Reactions
Hmmm right, but what is the technical reason for the RC F having a longer overhang that the stock RC? Surely it can't be safety, as the stock RC meets safety certification. Is it due to the V8? The headlight styling of the RC also exaggerates and highlights the overhang on the RC F. I think that if Lexus tried really hard, they could have come up with a shorter, more compact bumper for the RC F, keeping the proportions of the stock RC intact. The stock RC is so beautiful and flowing in pictures. The RC F in pictures looks slightly overwrought due to that front bumper.

I'll stop there though and not get carried away. In person is still the real judgement of styling, not photos. Still waiting for an in person look at the RC F. Might swing by a Lexus dealer to glance at one if any local dealers have one.

I believe that on the RC-F and the GS-F they have the longer overhangs to allow for the engine and gearbox oil coolers.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions

Front end appears larger because of the wider fenders taller hood and larger front fascia. They're more or less the same size overall. The 2UR-GSE can easily fit in the normal RC engine bay. They're identical in size from the firewall to the core support:

DSC00379-XL.jpg

Reactions
This is a no brainer for me, the RC F looks like a mean fighting machine and obliterates the rather dull German competitors. Lexus has to be complimented on its bold brave design langauge, the company is finally setting itself apart from other premium rivals with its own unique style and hybrid tech. If the RC/RC F look anything like the pictures then I expect nothing less than being blown away by the RC F.

Reactions
love it, hi there im actually newbie here, im studying animation and working on timeshare attorney business, feel free to ask something : )