Radar cruise control - work well?

Reactions
Hi there I'm looking to purchase a used GX 460 and really want to have radar cruise control.

Was wondering what are peoples rating of the radar cruise feature on the GX? Does it work well? Any complaints?

FYI I've learned to identify the models with this feature by the darkened rims and steering wheel buttons. It does cut down my buying options but it's a feature I really want for long trips.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I'd temper your expectations for this system.

Its great for long cruises to a point. The fact that its a 30+ mph system limits you to congestion free highways where vehicles really leave alot of gaps in between (imho), a true DRCC system available on every other Lexus that goes down to 0 mph is easier for long drives regardless of congestion.

The other issue is the logic behind the system which likes to accelerate aggressively when traffic clears up (alot of TMC products exhbit this behavior).

Reactions
hey thanks for the reply @NXracer

I think I need to come to terms with this being released in 2010 and having limited tech. You might have seen in my other post I'm also considering the new Tundra and that will have a 2021 version of radar cruise that should be even better than what I'm used to.
If I can get a really good deal on a GX then I might jump on it, but for a nice one its adding up to a brand new Tundra price (or very near to it) so Im leaning towards the brand new vehicle right now. I certainly don't need 7 seats, but I do want a roomy, reliable 4x4.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
hey thanks for the reply @NXracer

I think I need to come to terms with this being released in 2010 and having limited tech. You might have seen in my other post I'm also considering the new Tundra and that will have a 2021 version of radar cruise that should be even better than what I'm used to.
If I can get a really good deal on a GX then I might jump on it, but for a nice one its adding up to a brand new Tundra price (or very near to it) so Im leaning towards the brand new vehicle right now. I certainly don't need 7 seats, but I do want a roomy, reliable 4x4.
Its great value for money if you can get at the right price. Wish you all the luck on your purchase. BTW have you considered extending your search till the new sequoia comes out? Might be more of what you want then the GX in terms of size