Porsche Taycan Thread

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
If you lease it, the credit applies, i believe.

Still, Porsche feels increasingly out to lunch on pricing, but i am sure theyll sell to the same repeat wealth hoarders.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
It looks good for an electric blob, I quite like it.
S8-scoop-porsche-macan-ev-l-effeuillage-commence-767158.jpg

S8-scoop-porsche-macan-ev-l-effeuillage-commence-767159.jpg

S8-scoop-porsche-macan-ev-l-effeuillage-commence-767161.jpg

The headlights are very nice, these on the 718 and 911 would make them good looking instead of the heritage "frog face".

But then I see this pic, and remember BEV CUV have one huge downside, the big battery belly. So they are "lifted" only in appearance, ground clearance is that of a low slung performance car, so all the supposed CUVs advantages of all-rounder gets lost.

S8-scoop-porsche-macan-ev-l-effeuillage-commence-767163.jpg

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
only ground clearance is lost, not all of the CUV advantages. And that would be the case regardless due to aero.
With this kind of car though, you will have air suspension to lift and lower, depending on usage.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Depending on the body variant and engine, the WLTP range has increased to up to 678 km, an increase of 175 km or 35 per cent. The updated Taycan not only requires fewer charging stops on long trips than its predecessor, but it also recharges faster: at 800-volt DC charging stations, for example, it can be charged at up to 320 kW. That’s 50 kW more than before. The fast-charging window of the new performance battery has been significantly expanded. This means that charging capacities of more than 300 kW can be sustained for up to five minutes, and very high charging capacities can be achieved more quickly, even at low temperatures.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
damn, $210k
Porsche has always been expensive. So is Maserati, but not necessarily better than Porsche. But these are luxury products. What is the real problem is when economy cars start at 35k and are pure garbage.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Porsche has always been expensive. So is Maserati, but not necessarily better than Porsche. But these are luxury products. What is the real problem is when economy cars start at 35k and are pure garbage.

nothing is perfect though. IE new taycan has old infotainment and not new google one from Macan, which is 1/3 of the price.
I would be annoyed at 200k.

I feel like 911 is completely different - i would not care about infotainment, but Taycan, Cheyenne, Macan, Panamera are more like just luxury cars.