Picture of Your IS, Right Now!

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
Congrats! How do you compare the ride/handling of the F Sport vs non?

Thanks Corrado.
LOL. I've only had the car for less than 48 hours and 50 miles.
I did own a 2012 Ultrasonic Blue Mica IS250 F Sport and appreciated the softer ride on the 2014 with 17" wheels.
The much stiffer chassis on this gen was immediately apparent.
I'm still tripping over the F Sport LFA inspired instrument cluster and cool back up camera.
More aggressive front fascia and F Sport gray wheels are killer.
And those new seats (Grey interior) with cooling and heating are great!
Least favorite part of my 2012 USM F Sport was the all black interior and lack of cooling seats because of the suede seating surfaces.
Really love the style of the 2015 F Sport and look forward to more driving impressions. 6911990928_92c028499d_o.jpg

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
Sibling rivalry.:mad:

80-nx_is_duo1_c8058d1bc7d6cac8f409e899dc0de821841ce842.jpg
Love this detail picture ! :cool:

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
Thanks folks.

@IS-SV, wheels are Verde Axis Matte Graphite, 19x8.5 +38 / 19x9.5 +38
CorradoMR2, your wheels look great and it is really a good match for the IS. Wish they come in 18" but just like Vossen and other cool brands, they all start with 19" as the targeted car models usually have 19" wheels or the customers would usually go for the plus 1 route.

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
View attachment 591 View attachment 590 Arrived later at Cars and Caffeine in SJ this afternoon, put the IS on display in front of Club Auto Sport just for fun.
Steve, great shot - it reminds me of my 2IS but I had it in silver. Black is very difficult to maintain but if it is kept in good condition, it looks awesome .

For the wheels --- they are Vossen? Again, just like what my comment about CorradoMR2's wheels, wish they come in 18".

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Steve, great shot - it reminds me of my 2IS but I had it in silver. Black is very difficult to maintain but if it is kept in good condition, it looks awesome .

For the wheels --- they are Vossen? Again, just like what my comment about CorradoMR2's wheels, wish they come in 18".

Thanks Andyl. The exterior color is SGM (smoky granite mica), a popular metallic dark graphite color that's easier to maintain than black.

I think you are right about the lack of 18's, the demand is too low. Had I wanted to go with 18's, I would have my stock 18's refinished with custom finish. I've seen that done with good results. Some do that on leased cars.

Vossen CV3 19x8.5 19x10 in matt graphite. 235/35 285/30 Hankooks

Last edited:

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Thanks Andyl. The exterior color is SGM (smoky granite mica), a popular metallic dark graphite color that's easier to maintain than black.

I think you are right about the lack of 18's, the demand is too low. Had I wanted to go with 18's, I would have my stock 18's refinished with custom finish. I've seen that done with good results. Some do that on leased cars.

Vossen CV3 19x8.5 19x10 in matt graphite. 235/35 285/30 Hankooks

Wow, 285s at back and no rubbing? What's the offset for the rear rims?

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Rears are 37 or 38 if I remember correctly. Inside rear fender lip is slightly shaved and repainted, therefore no rubbing. My custom tire/wheel shop is very experienced and knew in advance what needed to be done. Afterwards they static test through full range of suspension travel to ensure clearance. Custom-like fitment.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
CorradoMR2,

How do like the RSR springs? They seem to be popular w/gen3 owners?