Picking up 2017 es 350 tomorrow.

Reactions
Going to lease for 3 years.Can't afford to buy.
This is the first time leasing. Any advice will
be very help full.
BTW: I read this .Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2017 Lexus ES350vehicles. The right-hand side tie rod lock nut may loosen over time.
Don't know if this car has been repaired but i will ask tomorrow.

Last edited:

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Congratulations on the new ES. :)

On the recall, they can check the VIN on your car to see if it is covered or not.

Since you are leasing it, if you use the car for business (according to the IRS code), you can deduct the lease payments on your taxes due next April....assuming you are a U.S. resident. That does not apply to personal use of the car...it has to be used for, or in, an approved-buisness.

Reactions
Going to lease for 3 years.Can't afford to buy.
This is the first time leasing. Any advice will
be very help full.
BTW: I read this .Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2017 Lexus ES350vehicles. The right-hand side tie rod lock nut may loosen over time.
Don't know if this car has been repaired but i will ask tomorrow.
http://corporatenews.pressroom.toyo...s+certain+model+year+2017+es+350+vehicles.htm

It only affected around 1700 of them. I'm sure the dealer would have gone through the trouble to see if it was part of it or not, and if so, took care of it already.

RAL

Reactions
Congratulations on your new ES! Welcome to the community ...

Reactions
WOW What a drive. Smooth, comfortable and quiet.
OK Here comes my first question.
The Manual doesn't tell me how to turn off the Rt. A/C
vent on the drivers side. The Lt.vent has a knob to turn it off.
Should that knob turn both RT and LT vents on the drivers side off?
Thanks

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
OK Here comes my first question.
The Manual doesn't tell me how to turn off the Rt. A/C
vent on the drivers side. The Lt.vent has a knob to turn it off.
Should that knob turn both RT and LT vents on the drivers side off?
Thanks

I looked at the manual myself (it's down-loadable), and you are correct.....I didn't see any specific knob or control to shut the center-vents off, as is the case on the drivers' side. So, here's what I would suggest: First, on the center vents, see if, by sliding the center-tabs all the way to the left or right (or up/down) that will close off the vents...it does on some vehicles. If not, then go into the climate-control part of the video-screen programming (or dash button, if possible) and press the button or icon that directs air to the feet (floor) only, or to the defrost and floor vents combined (the button or icon usually has tiny arrows pointing to which part of your body or dash the air flows to). That should, at least, keep air from blowing out the center vents, even if you can't fully shut them of all the way.

It used to be that some cars had a system where you couldn't shut the fan off all the way, or close off all of the dash-vents all the way, as a safety-measure to keep carbon monoxide or other harmful gases from building up with stale air inside the car. But modern A/C and climate-control systems have generally gotten around that problem.

Reactions
After driving this car for a couple of days at 6ft-2" the front seats do not go back far enough.
I have the steering wheel as far forward and the seat as far back and i still feel cramped.
I told the dealer about not being totally satisfied with this car and asked if i could switch to the NX.
Don't know if the ride would be the same.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
After driving this car for a couple of days at 6ft-2" the front seats do not go back far enough.
I have the steering wheel as far forward and the seat as far back and i still feel cramped.
I told the dealer about not being totally satisfied with this car and asked if i could switch to the NX.
Don't know if the ride would be the same.

Did you put some rake (recline) in the seat-back? That will help give your arms and hands a little further reach to the steering wheel. I'm 6' 2" myself (and quite heavy)...and I tend to like to sit up somewhat closer, with my legs bent a little, but I realize that some people like the classic Italian driving position...way back, with arms stretched out.

Don't put too much rake in the seatback, though....it might interfere with a properly-functioning seat belt/harness.