Photos: The Lexus LC in New Colors

rayaans

Fan
Reactions
From what angle does that look "daark Gray". Shameful when a Lexus forum gets the colour wrong - its actually Caviar!

RAL

Reactions
The dark metallic grey paint color has a cohesive effect on all the various metallic parts/textures. It doesn't wash out the distinctiveness of each element like monochromatic, but it does tie them all together producing what I think is a simpler elegant look that retains the design's aggressive stance. Though the color is dark, it doesn't camouflage design elements the way a pure black color would tend; but rather highlights them just enough. It all works together!

In other words, I LOVE THIS COLOR!!!

I do think the predominantly shiny chrome wheels command too much attention away from the car overall. They work with the red and blue colors, but not as well with this. Maybe use the shiny chrome on the wheels as more of an accent.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Is that active rear spoiler?View attachment 1499
Lexus had never mentioned this but in a Car&Driver review, they mentioned that there was an active rear spoiler. And the thing is, Lexus never released any photos of the spoiler deployed, and some photos of the rear had those creases for the spoiler, when some of them didn't!

Sabelo

Fan
Reactions
Guys guys guys!!! I am not bias toward Lexus in anyway whatsoever, buuuut this car is the most beautiful car I have ever seen!! Sweet Lordy!
The interior is magnificent ...well its a Lexus

James

Founding Member
Reactions
This should be James Bond's car. Very elegance. Smart design.
They should try and get it for the next Bond car...if they could take over from Aston Martin that would be huge. I mean new Bond movie new Bond new car...? Now would be the time to try it!

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Dark gray? I see what could be Caviar but it could be my monitor.

Can anyone point out anything wrong with this car, especially in this red/"Caviar" color combo??? :waving::thumbsup::heart_eyes:

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Very lovely design in many colours. I have always considered the LC to be a cleverly similar take on automotive design, like my dream car the Aston Martin One-77. Edward Lee had to have been thinking about that car and LFA lineage.
2009-aston-martin-one-77-9.jpg
Although I am really most focused on real estate and investing at the moment, both the LC500 and incoming LS500 are tempting decisions to become an Lexus owner.

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
Very lovely design in many colours. I have always considered the LC to be a cleverly similar take on automotive design, like my dream car the Aston Martin One-77. Edward Lee had to have been thinking about that car and LFA lineage.
View attachment 1510
Although I am really most focused on real estate and investing at the moment, both the LC500 and incoming LS500 are tempting decisions to become an Lexus owner.

This Aston is indeed a dream car, but just wait until you see a white LC500 :grinning:

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
I think it is indeed a matte/brushed metal around the headlights. It's definitely not chrome.

I meant the chrome parts should be replaced with the same material around the headlights or brushed aluminum not that the headlights are surrounded by chrome. I have no problem with the non-chrome areas.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
From what angle does that look "daark Gray". Shameful when a Lexus forum gets the colour wrong - its actually Caviar!

Dark gray? I see what could be Caviar but it could be my monitor.

Can anyone point out anything wrong with this car, especially in this red/"Caviar" color combo??? :waving::thumbsup::heart_eyes:

Well, I have two points in my defense:
  1. Ben Hsu, the guy who sent me the photos, told me it was dark gray.
  2. More importantly, I am color blind. :fist::mad::D
Not that it needs confirmation, but this color is in fact Caviar. I got scolded in email by an executive for getting the color wrong too.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
This Aston is indeed a dream car, but just wait until you see a white LC500 :grinning:

I'm pretty excited to see an Ultra White LC 500 -- probably the color I'm looking forward to the most.

Reactions: RAL

RAL

Reactions
We are all friends here ... I don't consider "getting a color wrong" a shameful offense.
No worries Kevin. You have the class to admit a mistake.
I don't care what color it is called ... it is a remarkably good looking color on this remarkable car.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-05-03-lexus-lc-500h-silver.jpg

The LC is being spotted in all kinds of colors, and this is the latest.
View the original article post