One App Found Enform 2.0

Reactions
I just purchased a 2020 RC300, downloaded and connected my iPhone to the RC and only see one app - Lexus + Alexa. Anyone else have the same experience? Should I see more apps?

Reactions
Yes, I do. The only app listed there is Lexus+Alexa.

Dealer said I see only one app because the move to Apple Car Play. But it seems odd that there is an "Enform App Suite 2.0" and there is only one app to choose from.

Attachments

• enform.jpg
    enform.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 0

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Ok. You might have to add the apps through the car's menu.

But that screen also shows the app isn't connecting to the car. You have to do separate Bluetooth connections for Enform and for the audio system.

Reactions
I have connected my phone through bluetooth. There is still only one app showing on the car's monitor and no way to add another app.

Attachments

• IMG_2076.JPG
    IMG_2076.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 0

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Does the Enform app on the phone now show that it's connected? The screenshot you posted earlier indicates the Enform app is not connected to the car.

Reactions
2020 is a redesign so the infotainment system is updated to enform 2.0 while 2019 still uses enform 1.0.

Siri shortcuts should work since it's using the phone not the enform app. Actually you don't need the enform 2.0 app at

all if you are planing to use apple carplay or google's android auto. You can use carplay apps like google maps, podcast,

spotify, i heart radio and such. Though not all apps will work with carplay. If you want to use amazon alexa, then that

requires the app though you can't have both carplay and amazon alexa at the same time.

Lexus/Toyota has a subscription based Remote Connect service. The remote connect app lets you find your car via gps, and

tells you if you left the door unlocked, window, hood, trunk open and also notifies you if the alarm goes off. The

connected services SOS subscription also helps find lost cars by communicating directly with the police letting them know

where the car is. Also you can start the car with the app. Make sure the key is at least 12 feet away from the car and

honestly, if someone wants to steal your car, they will do it regardless of the security system it has, right? It's not

going to stop the thief. Having security camera's will help a ton though. You can also set gps limits using the remote

connect app. Like, you can set a radius of 3 miles, and if the car goes beyond the three miles, it'll notify you.