NOT Amazing Lease Return Policy

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
I guess Lexus is no better than General Motors brands Chevrolet, Buick or Cadillac.

As has been documented (sorry, not bragging but stating facts), I've purchased/leased nine Lexus automobiles between 2006 and 2018. Two of them were from Craig Zinn owned dealers in the greater Miami area: County Line Lexus which morphed into Lexus of North Miami. My most recent was from a brand new dealer, Lexus of Orlando. The other six were from J.M. Lexus, supposedly the world's largest volume dealer.

Under usual circumstances, I've most often traded in whatever I was driving for something else, thereby eliminating any conflict on where to turn the vehicle in as well as any disposition fee, which is always on the contract but which I've never paid.

About a month ago, I ended the lease on my 2015 IS250 F Sport early, took advantage of a nice payment waiver and got an unbeatable deal on a car not in inventory anywhere in the southern state of Florida, hence the trip to Lexus of Orlando.

That left the 2015 ES350, which I need to return. Having serviced my vehicles locally at Lexus of North Miami exclusively for the past two years (both 2015's actually), and having purchased a car from them in 2012, I AM an existing customer. But when it was time to turn in my lease, they flatly refuse per "CORPORATE POLICY" to assist.

Issue? Lexus of Pembroke Pines and Lexus of North Miami are both within 12 miles of my home. They are in the same county. Convenience and serving your customer should come above all else. BUT...if the car didn't come from their dealership, it is their "CORPORATE POLICY" not to accept it per employees Melissa at Pines and Customer Loyalty Director John Whitney.

Funny...I even used to WORK for Craig Zinn in my automotive days...

So, despite my previous relationships with each dealer, having had body work, service work, purchases and even working at one of the two dealerships in question, their tepid, "We don't have the space to store them" excuse is good enough for Lexus Corporate.

*NOTE: both dealerships mentioned have six story parking garages of which at least one to two floors are devoted to lease return vehicles and used vehicles waiting to be disposed of.

And...as always, Lexus Corporate explains that, "Each dealership is independently owned and operated and we really have no control over their policies".

But..when you visit the Lexus Financial Services website, they state completely the opposite:
"We have one philosophy regarding the lease-end experience at Lexus Financial Services - make it simple and effective. That begins with helping you easily turn in your vehicle".

It's called "Taking Care of Your Customer". Why force me to drag two cars 30 + miles one way up the Florida Turnpike incurring mileage, gas and tolls to the selling dealer, whom apparently is the ONLY dealer per Lexus compelled to take the vehicle back, when a more local dealer could just as easily take it in?

How ignorant are you, Lexus of Pembroke Pines, Lexus of North Miami and Lexus Corporate?

I drove 400 miles in ONE DAY to purchase my 2018 Lexus ES350 Premier Package a month ago. Do you intend to force me to DRIVE 200 miles in two years to return it?

Lexus of Orlando bent over backwards and provided world class service from the time I drove up after racing 200 miles to get there, to the time we closed down the dealership at the end of my deal. They are the PROTOTYPE by which ALL Lexus dealers should pattern their ethics, behaviors, pricing and just plain humanity towards the people who KEEP YOUR DOORS OPEN.

And...they loved my 2015 IS250 F Sport so much, they bought it and it's now a featured Lexus Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. That tends to happen with almost all of my vehicles; we bring them back in super clean condition with extra low miles and they normally get flipped into a profitable CPO for the dealership.
http://www.lexusoforlando.com/Vehic...S_250-4dr_Sport_Sdn_RWD-Orlando-FL/3170306593

But, the two Craig Zinn owned dealers will lose out on that opportunity to take a super clean Matador Red Mica / Parchment 2015 Lexus ES350 with 10,900 miles on it 3 years later because they don't want to assist a 12 year - nine time Lexus owner.

Lexus, you just never cease to find new ways to insult your customers. And yet, I keep coming back for more.
Experience Amazing? Not even close.

Last edited:

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Unbelievable. When I moved up here from Orlando, the dealer here not only was happy to accept an out-of-dealer lease return, they offered me a great deal on an early return the first time I had it in for service. And when they didn't have the LS configuration I wanted, they found one out of state and had it shipped in at no cost to me. Lexus USA really needs to crack down on these bad dealers.

Reactions
For a minute, I thought you were dealing with Southeast Toyota/JM Family...
Unbelievable. When I moved up here from Orlando, the dealer here not only was happy to accept an out-of-dealer lease return, they offered me a great deal on an early return the first time I had it in for service. And when they didn't have the LS configuration I wanted, they found one out of state and had it shipped in at no cost to me. Lexus USA really needs to crack down on these bad dealers.
Unfortunately for Lexus, there probably is no "bad dealer"...as long as they move metal, they're able to get away with things, especially in a very important market like Miami.