Reactions
Greetings all,
I just stumbled upon this forum whil trying to research the ES 350. Currently have a Cadillac SRX 2015 and previously had a Cadillac CTS 2011 and before that an Avalon. Looking to build a Nightfall Mica ES350 with all the bells and whistles. Seems as though, according to the Lexus build site, that won't be possible with that color option. Am interested in your favorite color for the ES350. Any preferences?

Jay

RAL

Reactions
Welcome to the community Jay!
You've got me intrigued about the loaded 'Nightfall Mica' ES

Reactions
RAL,
Try the Lexus website. If you choose "build" an ES 350 2016 model and choose "Nightfall Mica" and the go to packages and choose "ultra luxury package" you are forced to change the color selection to white, black, silver, gray, or perhaps a couple others. I have a feeling that a dealership may be able to bypass this restriction. Anyway, I found the Lexus website frustrating to say the least.

RAL

Reactions
RAL,
Try the Lexus website. If you choose "build" an ES 350 2016 model and choose "Nightfall Mica" and the go to packages and choose "ultra luxury package" you are forced to change the color selection to white, black, silver, gray, or perhaps a couple others. I have a feeling that a dealership may be able to bypass this restriction. Anyway, I found the Lexus website frustrating to say the least.

You are right. Lexus is limiting the exterior color choice when choosing the Ultra Luxury Package.
It is my hunch they make this limitation because there is not enough color contrast between the dark Nightfall Mica color and the black glass panoramic roof. That being the case and the consequential lack of demand for that combination, it probably works to their advantage to eliminate that variable from the manufacturing process.

Frustrating, no doubt, for someone like yourself. You might contact a dealer to inquire about making a "special order" ... though I have my doubts about such a recourse. Dealers discourage special ordering anyway, especially in such a situation as this. Maybe you should consider one of the colors offered with the ULP.

I empathize with you. My first ES without the panoramic roof was Obsidian. When I traded it, I had to admit the visual advantage of the panoramic roof was lost with the dark Obsidian color choice, so I ended up choosing Silver Linings Metallic to obtain the sporty look the black panoramic glass affords. Today ... my first choice would be my favorite color, Atomic Silver, which does provide a nice contrast to the black glass. Moreover, I find the lighter exterior colors more dramatically reflect the rich styling cues of the exterior design. I especially like the way Atomic Silver is even more expressive changing character depending upon the angle of light. Love that color :cool: but that's just me!

I hope you can choose another color you'll come to like as well. And yet, one of the many good people in our community here may have a solution for you. That is one of the big advantages of being part of a group who eat, breathe, and sleep Lexus! HA!

I regret I could not be of more help, but I wish you well. I haven't seen Nightfall Mica in real life, but from the photos it appears to be a beautiful color probably with a rich metallic fleck.

Here is our NX in the Atomic Silver color I mentioned. We get lots of favorable comments on it. Notice how the black trim works particularly well with the color ...
DSC01813.jpg

Reactions
RAL,
Wow! Thanks for taking the time necessary for such a thorough reply. Your efforts are appreciated!

Actually, Atomic Silver was my second choice in the color lineup. The RX in your picture is stunning. The dramatic lines seem to be accentuated by the Atomic Silver color.

Thanks again for your time.

Reactions
Real,
I correct - NX, not RX.

How do you find the rear seat leg room in the NX? One of the reasons I am unhappy with the Cadillac SRX that we currently have is that the back seat legroom is cramped. When we rode in a friend's ES 350 I was surprised by the comfortable back seat for my 6' frame.

RAL

Reactions
Real,
I correct - NX, not RX.

How do you find the rear seat leg room in the NX? One of the reasons I am unhappy with the Cadillac SRX that we currently have is that the back seat legroom is cramped. When we rode in a friend's ES 350 I was surprised by the comfortable back seat for my 6' frame.

Rear seat legroom in NX is more than adequate for us, but then we are relatively short people. ;) You are right ... rear legroom in current ES model (based on Avalon) is bigger than the last generation which was based on the Camry. The new RX has loads of room!