New member from LA | IS300 2001

Reactions
How's it going everyone,

I'm Kevin, I just bought a well serviced Lexus IS300 2001 from my uncle for around $2,000.
It's color, is Auburn Sky I best believe. As I've read, only around 6% of 2001 IS300 models were provided in this color. I have clear coat peeling on the top all over, and small amount of peels on the hood itself. The vehicle itself is at 200k on the odometer and still runs like a babe.

My previous vehicle was a 2004 Lexus IS300, I was involved in a four car collision early last year and the front of the vehicle frame is badly damaged/bent. Result from that car accident, I wanted to get back right into it and get another IS300 as soon as possible. IMG_6367.jpg IMG_6351.jpg IMG_6347.jpg

I have many plans for this car, currently scoping out ideas and modifications.
I hope to learn a lot here, thanks everyone. Drive safely!

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
Welcome! Love the Auburn Sky. It was a rare choice and only offered in 2001, wish they would have continued with it though. Really nice that you were able to find a clean one like that with a known maintenance history as that's getting tougher as the cars age. The 3GS wheels fit the car well too. Looking forward to seeing your build!

RAL

Reactions
Welcome to the community Kevin!
Sounds like a bad accident you survived ... Thanks for reminding me to "Drive safely"
I hope you will share pics with us as you transform your "Auburn Sky" ... You've got a rare gem.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Super IS300. Welcome Kevin, looking forward to seeing more about your Lexus.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
That color would be awesome on an F car! This car is incredibly rare as it also has a beige interior! A great website for mods is carid.com

Reactions
lol.jpg Update: 7/11/2016.

I had test fitted some BC Racing Coils, the ride is sitting fine and it's not as stiff as I thought it would be.

Coworker was offering me some ideas on spacers, i'm into it but just a reasonable sizing or fitting.

Was also looking into the DipYourCar kit, might invest and dip my car in either a matte forest green, or glossy black/blue.

What do you guys think? Does it sit well, any ideas?