Will1991

Reactions
2021-11-09-lexus-lfa-ii-rendering.jpg

Japanese magazine Best Car is reporting that Lexus will revive the LFA supercar with a brand new model in 2025.
The powertrain will somehow still include a V8, this time a 4.0L twin-turbo V8 engine paired with a plug-in hybrid system and producing a combined 940 horsepower. Carrying over the LFA heritage, this new supercar would also feature a woven carbon fiber body.
(As for the validity of the rumor, who can say? A new supercar from Lexus wouldn’t necessarily be a shock, but we would have to see some kind of prototype testing soon if this 2025 timeline is correct.)

Continue reading...

Attachments

• 9E991972-D9CC-400F-8136-E39D14DE7D91.jpeg
    9E991972-D9CC-400F-8136-E39D14DE7D91.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 200
Last edited by a moderator:

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
It’s rumored to be a PHEV with a… 4L V8-TT!
And FR...with 950PS (700kW). They would need 405-wide tires to put down that much power. Or another possibility is just using direct drive. At that kind of power single speed or two speed is all they need.

Also if they go that far why not go straight for 1000PS. The marketing strength for a 950PS car and 1000PS car are two levels.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2021-11-09-lexus-lfa-ii-rendering.jpg

Japanese magazine Best Car is reporting that Lexus will revive the LFA supercar with a brand new model in 2025.
The powertrain will somehow still include a V8, this time a 4.0L twin-turbo V8 engine paired with a plug-in hybrid system and producing a combined 940 horsepower. Carrying over the LFA heritage, this new supercar would also feature a woven carbon fiber body.
(As for the validity of the rumor, who can say? A new supercar from Lexus wouldn’t necessarily be a shock, but we would have to see some kind of prototype testing soon if this 2025 timeline is correct.)

Continue reading...

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
This sure sounds exciting, my only question is will it be available in 2025 or will it be first seen by the public, and then used as a marketing talking point about "performance renaissance" for 4-5 years before its available to end customers?

Either way if the original team and/or original ethos is used to engineer this, watch out folks Lexus maybe getting that "winner winner chicken dinner". @Smychavo

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
This sure sounds exciting, my only question is will it be available in 2025 or will it be first seen by the public, and then used as a marketing talking point about "performance renaissance" for 4-5 years before its available to end customers?

Either way if the original team and/or original ethos is used to engineer this, watch out folks Lexus maybe getting that "winner winner chicken dinner". @Smychavo
Big if true
I'd love to see them go all out on a project such as that, one more ultra cool thing in the lineup

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
950PS hybrid hypercar is hardly news even today. Ferrari/McLaren/Porsche were doing that in 2015. By 2025 this kind of performance might be quite commonplace. A big IF, they achieve this with H2 combustion, then it's a different matter.

I don't see how it is feasible to engineer a FR car with that much power and torque. Mid-engine 4WD layout is almost a must.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
950PS hybrid hypercar is hardly news even today. Ferrari/McLaren/Porsche were doing that in 2015. By 2025 this kind of performance might be quite commonplace. A big IF, they achieve this with H2 combustion, then it's a different matter.

I don't see how it is feasible to engineer a FR car with that much power and torque. Mid-engine 4WD layout is almost a must.
Rumors are rumors, dunno whether we're going to see something like this or not to begin with. Either way it's something to look out for. As far as I'm concerned GR Super Sport is currently in development hell, and Lexus' current priority is revamping their lineup, whether that includes incredibly stylistic sports/gt cars is something I hope they put in line with those priorities.

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions

To be fair, a 552 hp supercar was hardly news in 2010 when the LFA launched. The CTS-V Wagon made more hp at the time, but we all understand its not just the numbers with these cars.

I agree RWD is probably out of the question and DIRECT4 or some variant is probably the drivetrain.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Rumor could be have some truth. There have been rumors of LC F getting totally redeveloped. Now if TMC killed the V8, it is possible to have it in a standalone project. With hybridisation, V8 turbo will have bo lag. RC F, GS F, LC and IS 500 have a very LFA feel. LFA II could be what thw futur of Lexus will feel like with hybrid I4s and BEVs.

With the official promise by Lexus to develop the F brand, this rumor has a lot of credibility, otherwise those promises are empty PR. Also I remeber the rumors of LC F being pushed to 2024, and since some time LC F is dead.

If LFA II is coming, LFA I prices will seise even more.

Reactions
And FR...with 950PS (700kW). They would need 405-wide tires to put down that much power. Or another possibility is just using direct drive. At that kind of power single speed or two speed is all they need.

Also if they go that far why not go straight for 1000PS. The marketing strength for a 950PS car and 1000PS car are two levels.

GR Super Sport is 1000 horsepower, that probably will be at the top of the food chain.

For anyone that is still curious, that is still in development unlike what rumors say.

Last edited:

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
If there is a new LFA, hopefully it doesn't have any turbos. Full electric would be nice for performance reasons.