New 2022 GX460 coming my way!

Brandon B

Fan
Reactions
Hey guys,
I am trying something new! After owning 6 4runners, I've decided to try the GX. Upon hearing about the 2022 infotainment and dash updates (apple carplay, new safety tech, etc) I was sold. I went with the Nebula grey exterior, with the red Nuluxe interior. It has the Premium + package with the Mark Levinson and captains chairs. One of my favorite 4runner's was my 2003 Sport with the V8! I am hoping I will get the same feeling when driving this one. Likely the last BOF Toyota/Lexus V8 truck.

The dealer is offering a trade in price on my 2017 4runner limited i could not pass up. As long as the market prices don't change dramatically between now and my delivery date, I should be happy. Odds are the 4R prices wont go down in the next 4-6 weeks. Anyway, I paid MSRP + $1k which included tinted windows and one other dealer "add on". Not too bad IMHO considering the crazy market. The dealer is anticipating 4-6 weeks until delivery, all he has is the build sheet with the VIN, no build date yet. Hoping the transaction and everything else goes smoothly. I've not always had the best of luck working with care salesman and their shenanigans:)

(I also posted a similar thread on Club Lexus, so my apologies if you see it on both forums).

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
@Brandon B Congrats!! I had 2016 and 2019 4Runners and made the same move in April of this year. They gave me $43,200 for my 4Runner and I paid $4k for it. Hard to beat that.

I know you and I have chatted on and off over the years on CL and T4R... and you haven't been happy with 4Runners for a while. The GX is head and shoulders above the 4R and everything you're missing in the 4Runner: V8, 6AT, smoothness, tech, quality.

Congrats my friend. I'm very happy for you!

Brandon B

Fan
Reactions
@Brandon B Congrats!! I had 2016 and 2019 4Runners and made the same move in April of this year. They gave me $43,200 for my 4Runner and I paid $4k for it. Hard to beat that.

I know you and I have chatted on and off over the years on CL and T4R... and you haven't been happy with 4Runners for a while. The GX is head and shoulders above the 4R and everything you're missing in the 4Runner: V8, 6AT, smoothness, tech, quality.

Congrats my friend. I'm very happy for you!
Thank you! I remember you making a similar move! Im glad to hear you are happy with the switch and I anticipate I will be as well:). That's a crazy trade in price! The dealer I am working with gave me a verbal quote but I am pushing them for something in writing. They claim the market could change in the next month or so which on 4runners I find hard to believe. He was thinking $37-$38k or so which sounds fair to me.

I do look forward to having the V8 again and the latest apple car play etc. It should be a nice upgrade! Happy Thanksgiving and I will let you know how things pan out:)