lexus-lx-2016-spyshot-1_1200.jpg
lexus-lx-2016-spyshot-2_1200.jpg

lexus-lx-2016-spyshot-4_1200.jpg

lexus-lx-2016-spyshot-3_1200.jpg

Reactions: RAL

Chase C.

Fan
Reactions
Looks very good!! Only thing I don't like is the top taillight... It seems too small for a giant suv like this.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Looks good but IMO, they should have done this with the first refresh. Really confused here with all these substantial refreshes (this is not a MMC) when the competition continues to debut all new models. If the LX is going the route of the G-Wagon, then I understand.

This is going to be one bold front end in peoples rearview mirrors!

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
My friend there definitely wants to take a closer look at this beast...lol. The next project should definitely be the GX, it looks too much like the Toyota Prado, and I'm not a fan of it.

Reactions
it's weird how the lexus SUV's do not have divorced headlights like the RC, IS, NX, and GS-F, i thought they would follow through with divorcing the lights through the lexus lineup, but who knows this is only a facelift for the LX.

Reactions
looks like http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/marvelmovies/images/6/6c/DestroyerLumaVFX1-Thor.png/revision/latest?cb=20140102041939

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Looks much better overall, IMO, than either the NX or the new RX. I like the tall roofline and large windows, without the drop-down. The only things I'd change in the looks-department are the spindle-grille (I'm not a fan of them) and the tacky-looking video screen on the dash, set into that big wide gap in the dash-padding.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
it's weird how the lexus SUV's do not have divorced headlights like the RC, IS, NX, and GS-F, i thought they would follow through with divorcing the lights through the lexus lineup, but who knows this is only a facelift for the LX.
Those models are for the younger demographic (IS, RC, NX and GS), the more mature consumers (LS, ES, RX, GX and LX) buyers won't really like that in my opinion.

D

DDas

Those models are for the younger demographic (IS, RC, NX and GS), the more mature consumers (LS, ES, RX, GX and LX) buyers won't really like that in my opinion.
I actually feel like Lexus got negative feedback from it...I'm not so sure i love it either as a younger consumer. The NX would look so much better if it didn't have those check marks separated; they look like eyelashes. Personally, if they were connected, it would keep a clean, classic look that Lexus is known for. I don't mind them either; I just prefer the connected ones (the ones on this new LX look fantastic).

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
I actually feel like Lexus got negative feedback from it...I'm not so sure i love it either as a younger consumer. The NX would look so much better if it didn't have those check marks separated; they look like eyelashes. Personally, if they were connected, it would keep a clean, classic look that Lexus is known for. I don't mind them either; I just prefer the connected ones (the ones on this new LX look fantastic).
They look nice on certain models, the IS is fantastic, I'm a bit iffy about the R, pretty sure the refreshed GS will have them separated, and the flagship coupe? We'll have to wait and see.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
My friend there definitely wants to take a closer look at this beast...lol. The next project should definitely be the GX, it looks too much like the Toyota Prado, and I'm not a fan of it.

The GX, at least as we know it, might not not be around much longer. Lexus is finding it doesn't need two truck-based SUVs, and, since the LX is such a hot seller in countries with bad and/or primitive roads, it will probably emerge as the sole survivor....especially with the time and resources put into this latest version.

Reactions
For me, It looks more like a new GX than LX... maybe I'll wait till I see it in person... Interior, excellent! (I wish Lexus built ala Bentley leather seats.) Agree the top tail light should be wider and with better bigger wheels!

D

DDas

They look nice on certain models, the IS is fantastic, I'm a bit iffy about the R, pretty sure the refreshed GS will have them separated, and the flagship coupe? We'll have to wait and see.
I totally agree! It works for the IS and RC. Im not a fan of the GSF's separated ones how they're off set like that though. But yes, they do look nice I will admit

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
I totally agree! It works for the IS and RC. Im not a fan of the GSF's separated ones how they're off set like that though. But yes, they do look nice I will admit
The IS has the best interpretation in my opinion, it's just plain sexy!

Reactions
The new IS300 AWD will acutually be my first car as i am 15 and my dad said when i turned 16 i could have a lexus because i have loved the IS since i was 6 actually and I'm so excited to have the IS:). And I think the IS RC and NX it works for them as well, maybe lexus experimented and didn't like the way it looked on the other models but they are heading the right direction, i just wish the taillights weren't so "BMW X5" like.