More Details on the 2016 Lexus GS 200t

Ruksac

Follower
Reactions
That's just the point. They should not be rumors in the first place. They should either be facts or not be released at all (and I myself have sometimes been guilty of getting into rumors too deep). And, to be fair, you can't always blame the automaker's customer-service reps, either........remarkably, sometimes even THEY are keep out of the loop by higher-ups. o_O

Rumors will never cease. To us, talking about cars is akin to tabloid magazines gossiping about celebrities. Let's not kid ourselves, we are gossiping about cars ;)
Full disclosure, any information I post, such as my recent LF-LC comment, I post because I've heard it from what I presume to be a reliable source, such as a Lexus instructor teaching a Lexus class in a Lexus training center. But what I heard was so cool that I had to put it out there.

It's this type of grass roots marketing that automakers are clamoring for. Let's face it, Oldsmobile owners would never have been the type to post in online forums regarding what they love about that brand, which, in part is what contributed to its demise.

And yes, manufacturing reps, at least the ones I've met from Lexus, are typically only looking a few quarters ahead at any given time and don't have the luxury of looking deep into the future or even being able to step back and look at the brand as a whole in terms of overall impact.

Reactions
Want to thank you gentlemen for the information on the Lexus 200 t i'm just super excited about the new product Lexus has to offer I agree some workers At Lexus Are not on the same page have limit information on products either way thank you looking forward to that lexus 200t in the fall

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Rumors will never cease. To us, talking about cars is akin to tabloid magazines gossiping about celebrities. Let's not kid ourselves, we are gossiping about cars ;)

Oh yes, absolutely.....in that sense, I agree with you. Talkers are gonna Talk....one reason for forums like this. We're all (or at least mostly) car enthusiasts. If the cat's away, the mice are going to play. :D;) I was referring more to what comes from the manufacturers themselves.

Reactions
I think adding the turbo 4 to the line will help increase sales by (hopefully) dropping the price and upping the gas mileage. My only concern is that with 241 hp it might be a bit of a slug.

It's 258 ft-lbs. of torque, though, which is not far from many N/A V6s. In a car of the GS's weight (3700-3800 lbs.), that should probably be enough for the RWD version.....but the AWD version adds weight and drag. It might, as you suspect, make the AWD version a bit of a slug, if they offer it that way.
i doubt they will offer all wheel drive if the IS200t isn't offered in all wheel drive

Reactions
I'm not going to repost pics but seems some 200t GS F-sports and DEMO GS F cars have arrived to Cali and Western Regional
Did the Lexus GS 200t release in cal and western regions yet ??looking forward to getting one soon

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
fsport is looking great... when are these going on sale (gs200t and is200t)

Reactions: CIF

mikeavelli

Reactions
Did you get a chance to test-drive them when you were out there?
Did you test drive the Lexus 200t f sport ??

We try to be respectful of presenting leaks the right way. Since Lexus has showcased the GS 200t and not the F-Sport yet (I am assuming a SEMA debut) it puts us in an odd spot. UGA found the pic posted :)
Quick question why doesn't thelexus ES come all wheel drive ?? It would probably so triple the amount he does

A question I've always wondered myself!

Reactions: CIF
Reactions
Maybe for the next refresh 2019 Lexus ES might com all wheel drive for those winter month in ny