Mercedes-Benz USA Sales 2023

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Mercedes knows how to move $100K+ cars for sure. Those S-class and AMG GT sales are impressive. EQS combo is also as impressive.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
A lot of the sales figure is from very high price products, so even though their overall numbers are not as high they are definitely in a different league. The G wagon is their true status symbol product and they sell over 10k of these in America.

More than 3 times as many GLS as S-Class, and half as many S-Class year-over-year. Lexus needs to get the LX straightened out as a proper flagship, because that's where the market is at.
They are just too constrained with not wanting to offend their extremely loyal but also conservative customer base that just don't want a GLS or a Range Rover and only want almost the exact same thing they had in the past 20 years. I think they are content with the current situation of the J300 platform with a healthy backlog of orders worldwide. The GX is the second best thing they could do. While it's not a true flagship product the project itself was treated like a flagship project.

Last edited:

Falcon

Fan
Reactions
I think they are content with the current situation of the J300 platform
But they’ve accelerated the refresh by 1 year based on customer feedback. Customers are expecting more luxury and features.. more than ever. Especially after 14 years.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
So they are all selling more than pre pandemic, but there are still shortages claims?

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
BMW-362,244
Lexus-320,249
Mercedes-282,229
Audi-228,550
Wow, Mercedes SUV offerings are really bringing them down. Lexus actually has a shot at the luxury crown this year with the TX and GX on sale. Updated UX and PHEV RX/TX being on lots should help too. I still expect the passenger car sales to be dreadful.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

“Mercedes-Benz pivots focus to lower-priced models to drive U.S. sales in 2024 Mercedes-Benz to shift rom high-end models and EVs in hopes of topping 300,000 in U.S. sales this year.”

I feel like Mercedes does this on and off every 4-5 years:

"We're chasing sales and moving downmarket."

"We're going upmarket and everyone else can fight for the downmarket, we're better than that"

Will1991

Reactions
Trying to give more work for the aftermarket?

That’s were they can really cash in…