Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
It is a standard RCF (not TE), but thought I would post it here.

Looks like this RCF is even with the older C63 AMG, but this is the detuned European version of the RCF, which is about 18 PS (15 HP) down compared to the US/Canada version of the RCF. Also, I always use 2nd gear for 50 mph. Using 3rd gear is just wrong considering second gear goes to 75 mph.

Last edited:

Will1991

Reactions
Considering how pricing is done I would say it did well!

It's substantial cheaper than M4/C63s, and from this we can easily see how everyone expects always more from Toyota than the competition...
One of the main arguments against our RCF was how heavy it was to corner well, now a Mercedes is a lot heavier and no one says anything??? Suddenly only straight line performance matters for car journalists??

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
It has always been subjective opinions. A lot of the weight were due to reinforcement to achieve higher chassis rigidity. RCF (especially the TVD) shrinks around the driver the more one pushes it. I can carrying insane amount of speed through turns is easy and have to look at the speedo to see how fast you are cornering. 73 mph slalom speed and 0.98g through the skidpad are top tier numbers.

I would have actually preferred to see a track lap of these cars. Only the M4 and potentially C63S (depending on the type of track) would have been a few tenths quicker, but mostly because of the turbo torque on the straights and exits.

Considering how pricing is done I would say it did well!

It's substantial cheaper than M4/C63s, and from this we can easily see how everyone expects always more from Toyota than the competition...
One of the main arguments against our RCF was how heavy it was to corner well, now a Mercedes is a lot heavier and no one says anything??? Suddenly only straight line performance matters for car journalists??

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Finally some are getting what the RCF is all about especially when she is ripping through the back roads.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Since there are two threads going, I would post it up here. This guy would take the RCF over M3/M4.

Reactions