Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Gotta say from that title it is a little harsh because I feel he overlooked the upgrades they've done to it. But to be $30k more than the standard RC F is a little bit of a stretch not going to lie.

Yeah. I agree. Very unfair because one would buy GSF, LC500 or the RCF for different reasons as they have their own strengths so saying $100K is a waste for a car that has good upgrades and weight reduction. He gave high praises to RCF when he drove it back in 2015 and said, it definitely much better than the RS5 and C63 (previous gen) and stacked up well against the M4.

He has been complaining about understeer on many cars around this. Thunderhill track on his podcast (M2, Corvette etc), but Lexus had made a huge mistake not giving this car a TVD. TVD is a dream on the track under hard braking/turning or accelerating while turning. They banked too much on the lighter front end (55 lbs lighter than my RCF carbon/TVD), but looks like rear mechanical grip especially with the huge wing is just way too high at high speed to offer rotation entering the turn. Still, it had a very impressive lap time in the hands of the pro around Thunderhill.

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Bro, you don't want to read the comments there, Reddit is even worse. I'll just say for $90K, I'd rather an LC for that amount of cash.

Everyone has different preferences so I can totally see why someone would pick an LC500 with its Aston Martin level luxury. My issue is how they completely factually ignore/undermine traits of the RCF has over something like the LC500. It is much lighter, smaller, sportier and also outright quicker while still having probably 90% of the luxury and styling. They both are built for a different purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions
Everyone has different preferences so I can totally see why someone would pick an LC500 with its Aston Martin level luxury. My issue is how they completely factually ignore/undermine traits of the RCF has over something like the LC500. It is much lighter, smaller, sportier and also outright quicker while still having probably 90% of the luxury and styling. They both are built for a different purpose.
If Lexus decided on selling more units than the 50 planned, perhaps the MSRP wouldn't be as high. I'm sure they have their reasons.

mikeavelli

Reactions
There is no denying the price point is a bit nutty so lets just all get past that. When you get past that you would think people would admire all the work done to a 5 year old vehicle. You would think people would commend Lexus for fixing many of the issues everyone complained about. Instead you got a bunch of whining **** on the internet once again. It makes me want the car more and more.

The car is lighter, faster, handles better, has a better interior and is rare. Huge huge pluses.

I love it. I just love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-11-24-lexus-rc-f-te-matt-farah.jpg

Matt Farah from Road & Track has spent some time with the Lexus RC F Track Edition, and has little positive to say:

It also costs nearly $97,000—four large more than the absolutely stunning, unapologetic, and brilliant LC500 and $10,000 more than the equally brilliant, but very subtle GSF sedan. On the track…it simply isn’t much fun, and certainly isn’t $30,000 more fun than the car on which it’s based.
Save your money and get a GS F or LC500 while Lexus still makes this phenomenal engine.

Continue reading...

Reactions
Lexus need to release LC F .. Why they decided to release in 2023 in that year the car gonna be slower compare to BMW M8. If it's because of rear seats well they can remove it now. 😑

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Like any other product from Lexus, set your expectations wisely. Its not a terrible product, its just not a M4 GTS killer, but its not a rebadged yaris

DOC4Lex

Fan
Reactions
honestly i am glad their did make it and limited , however most people should take note that while we wait for LCF to take on the M8 , my worry is the engine department Lexus will no longer support V8's engines going forward. it started with the LS500.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I wonder what the "no V8s under $90k" is going to mean for the RC F going forward?