LS500 order

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
Morning guys!! need some help... so last Month I finally oredered my LS500 and I haven't even heard from my salesman if the order was approved yet and that was 1 February.. it is a little over a month now and I haven't heard anything back yet. how long does special orders take.. more over how long will be until I get confirmation that my order was even accepted? Now since it is March I'm thinking I won't even get the car until July sometime. Is it 4-5 months? So Am I looking at Maybe August??

R,

Markus

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
The best thing to do is call your dealership. They're the only ones that will know the status of your order. :)

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
LOL!!! @krew I walked right into that one but i have been last month and they had nothing new to tell me. I will put a call in this morning.

Thanks!!!

Reactions: RAL

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
I special-ordered a 1st-gen Lexus IS 300 in late December 2001 and it arrived in early April 2002. Thus, we're talking a bit over 4 months. But that was over 17 years ago, so things might have changed since then.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
@Joaquin Ruhi thanks!! That’s what I’m bring told.. so I’m looking at July/August time frame now?

you shouldnt... special orders usually take 120 days unless there is a waiting list for the model.

It is just that TMC does not have a great tracker for dealers - once they order, car comes in 120 days and that is about it. As a dealer, you cant really track when vehicle is being produced.

So as long as they ordered it, it should come around 120 days from the order, unless they tell you otherwise.