looking to buy 2009 Lexus is250

Reactions
Hey Lexus team! Hope you all are doing well, thanks for having me here, straight to the topic, I'm interested in owning a 2009 Lexus is250, This car has a SALVAGE TITLE! here in my location, before ending the deal, I really want to make sure that I'm getting a good reliable car for what I pay,
I want to know that what I should be looking for when purchasing this Car, anything to take into consideration, what to look for or any suggestion you guys have, please share it with me,

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection day:
noises in the engine
check transmission for slips jolts etc
verify all electrics / features / lights,
coolant or oil leaks
They are asking for the price of $6,500 and it has171 Miles with a Salvage Title. Is it worth it or not?

If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks

1663832694480.png1663832710368.png1663832723304.png

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
What's the salvage title for? If it's a flood car, I'd be wary since those can develop hard-to-diagnose faults at any time. If it's a collision, get it up on a lift and check that the frame is straight and that the relevant suspension parts have been properly replaced.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Check the engine. IS250s are notorious for clogging up due to carbon buildup. Some laymen mentioned regular Italian tune ups, while most mechanics prescribed periodic manual engine cleaning (you can look this up).

Unless you are DIY and do capable work, maybe exclude any IS250s.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Bad deal. If you pay attention to the car market, for weired reason the 2nd Gen IS is always priced higher than the 3rd Gen GS. Look into the 3rd gen GS for a better car and at that mileage 171Kmiles you are likely to find a Clean title GS.

Please don't buy that car.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
My preference (based on extensive driving in both versions and ownership of IS350) in 2nd generation IS is the IS350, the 100 extra horsepower and port/direct injection system is worth the price difference.