Long-Time Lexus LS Owner

Reactions
I bought my first LS in 2000. After test driving other cars, namely Acura, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and even the Bentley Continental Flying Spur, I chose Lexus.

I'm now driving my second LS 600h L. The current one is 2013 and I'm looking forward to buying the new model in 2017. To date, I've owned five LSs.

Reactions
My first LS 600 was a marvel, the 2008 version. It took getting used to. After several frightening experiences at stop signs, I realized that the gas engine shuts off, but the car is still running. I loved the touch screen and all the voice commands. I loved the way the audio system was displayed (Satellite stations, FM, AM, everything separated). So when you're listening to Satellite radio, all you see on display is the Sat. radio stations. Now in the 2013 it's a jumbled mess.

I miss the touch screen. The joystick is cumbersome and takes your eyes off the road to operate. Also, many of the voice commands have disappeared, which I find really dumb. You'd think they would have ADDED commands rather than take them away. For example, in my 2008 I could say "Delete destination" "Pause destination" "Resume destination" "North up" "Heading up" and many more.

Another feature to disappear was the 30-second delay and automatic shut off of the headlights or parking lights. Now you have to physically shut them off when you stop the engine, except in the Auto mode. The auto shut off should be in all modes.

I must have been the only one to use the automatic parking feature in my 2008, because in my 2013, it's gone. Don't get me wrong. I love my current car, especially with the bamboo wood trim. So beautiful and unique. Also, all the different ride settings are great on the open road. I use every one, depending on conditions. I also like the automatic bright and dim lighting.

I'm looking forward to my 6th LS 600 in 2017. I hope the designers put back some of the 2008 features and add even more.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I'm a somewhat less long-time LS driver (since 2004, an '05 model), but I'll echo pretty much everything you say. I personally like having mixed radio bands, but I drove a brand-new 2016 RX yesterday and it had an option to "re-segregate" them so I imagine that'll be an option on all Lexus vehicles in the future.

The headlights not turning automatically off anymore is a major beef of mine; I've complained to the dealer more than once. (I believe that was lost in the 2012 refresh - my 2010 still had it, my 2013 and 2015 don't). And yes, I often wonder why Lexus dropped the touch screen at exactly the same time the iPhone & Android came out and made everyone expect them.

That all said, I still love all the little touches that make the LS the LS, and I'm very much looking forward to 2017.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I bought my first LS in 2000. After test driving other cars, namely Acura, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and even the Bentley Continental Flying Spur, I chose Lexus.

I'm now driving my second LS 600h L. The current one is 2013 and I'm looking forward to buying the new model in 2017. To date, I've owned five LSs.

Welcome aboard and thanks for explaining your Lexus history. LS F-Sport owner here!