maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
The LM will never sell good as a business point if they even wanted to get it in USDM, in other words the business case for it is not feasible in USofA, and if they even want to make it, they will start by the next generation Sienna and if the sales grow up they may add the LM

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
The LM will never sell good as a business point if they even wanted to get it in USDM, in other words the business case for it is not feasible in USofA, and if they even want to make it, they will start by the next generation Sienna and if the sales grow up they may add the LM
For what it's worth, if we read the trademark tea leaves, there is no U.S. trademark for UX 300e, whereas there are for LM 300h and LM 350. In other words, we're more likely to see the LM than the electrified UX in the States.

Having said that, I totally agree with @maiaramdan that an LM for North America would be an offshoot from the upcoming 4th-gen Sienna, and not the just-introduced-in-China first LM. In fact, I suspect that this initial LM is simply a stopgap until a more proper TNGA-K Lexus LM can be engineered. The whole situation reminds me of Lexus' origins, when the Toyota Camry Prominent / Vista was hastily pressed into service as the first Lexus ES for 2 years until the more properly Lexus 2nd-gen ES (Toyota Windom) was ready.

MichaelL

Follower
Reactions
They've already surpassed BMW in terms of handling. Other than a few cars like the 2-Series/X3/3-Series/Z4/X5, they've lost the plot. Literally those 5 cars are the ones to watch, other than that their lineup is extremely disappointing. Lexus is an order of magnitude better in terms of handling. They just need more power, torque and overall strength throughout the entire rev range.
I want to buy a Lexus, I like the brand and reliability.... I drive a BMW 2 series. Why? I want something fun to drive, I like a coupe, but could drive a fun to drive 4 door sedan. Do the IS or RC fit the bill? No, not close. Those two are old and dated. RC is too long and heavy, not exciting to drive. Maybe the RC F edition is, but I don't have 100k to spend. Maybe the next generation IS and RC will be real options, time will tell. I hope so.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I have currently Buick Enclave, for family needs, but don’t like it. I personally drive LS.
Thank you for your explanation, but I still believe Lexus can do something more.
If LX can’t be elongated any more, what about RX? That is not body on frame design.
Or bring Chinese only Lexus minivan to American market as well.
We have a thread about it, Lexus dealers are asking for an Escalade sized SUV. We will see..

Ive used the third row in our LX quite a few times and it’s great. I agree cargo room behind it could be larger but we manage.

mikeavelli

Reactions
We have a thread about it, Lexus dealers are asking for an Escalade sized SUV. We will see..

Ive used the third row in our LX quite a few times and it’s great. I agree cargo room behind it could be larger but we manage.

Auto news article Today again mentioned Lexus dealers asking for a big SUV

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Auto news article Today again mentioned Lexus dealers asking for a big SUV
Yeah, I read that. Sounds like what dealers really want is a Lexus version of the 3rd-gen, TNGA-F Toyota Sequoia. Originally expected for a 2021 calendar year (2022 model year) debut, the next Sequoia has seemingly been pushed back to the 2023 model year.