Lexus trademarks UX300h

Will1991

Reactions
Lexus trademarked UX300h in Europe, this could mean that the UX might get the new 5th gen hybrid system found in the European Corolla Cross.

Specifications:

image.png

If it happens, it means more power, less fuel consumption and a much better AWD system.

For comparasion, UX250h specifications:

image.png

image.png

The new system able to do 0-100km/h in 7.5 seconds on the Corolla.

The question is, with the MY2023 already out, is this going to happen to the 1UX or to the 2UX?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
did UX even have a MMC yet? It had a small update that I would not really call an MMC.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
a Corolla hatch based CT with nearly 200hp and 45mpg would be fantastic
The UX is a corolla hatch. They just put some cladding on it and bumped the ride height by 1".

I can't believe they left the old hybrid system in the UX for NA. The cheapest AWD UX is only $4k cheaper than an NX 250 (AWD). People shopping price are going to be really tempted to jump to the NX over the UX for that small of a price jump even with the worse fuel economy. Performance will be a wash between the two. So better gas mileage in a much smaller car is all you get by saving $4k over a base NX. And if you bring leasing into the equation, the base NX probably leases wayyyyy better than a UX.

I had a Corolla hatchback and I really wanted to like the UX, but it feels like it doesn't have a purpose. UX 350h with 220-240hp? That's "shut up and take my money". A UX 300h with 200hp and 45mpg? That would be compelling.

I expect the real fact of the matter is that they just don't sell many of these in the first place and they won't get their money back federalizing a new drivetrain in this body. Next gen UX will get it assuming it lives another generation in NA.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
The UX is 10 cm taller than the Corolla. Lowering it won't solve the huge wheel wells problem.
Yea, not going to be able to do much about the styling, but the UX is a Corolla based hatch. It was just styled to look like a crossover. The F sport models with color matched cladding are aesthetically more hatch and less crossover. Put some more aggressive wheels/tires and lower it 2" and the F sport would probably look like a legit sporty hatchback.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The Corolla Cross strangely used two different compression ratios for the FWD and AWD, but the output is same for both. If the UX300h uses the higher output variant of the M20-FXS then its combined output would be 160kW/214hp, matching current A25-FXS ES300h.

I think the new M20A-FXS (13.0:1 CR) THS Medium could replace the A25A-FXS THS Medium in next gen, while the A25A-FXS fully moves to THS Large.

Will1991

Reactions
Following this trademark, the CHR will be moving to the 5th gen hybrid system for the 2nd generation, maybe this is a trademark for the 2UX?

If it is a indication for it, it might grow in size when we see the 2nd gen CHR prototype:

toyota-c-hr-2024-fotos-espia-202392156-1672760546_3.jpg

toyota-c-hr-2024-fotos-espia-202392156-1672760548_5.jpg

toyota-c-hr-2024-fotos-espia-202392156-1672760551_7.jpg

This will be also the first Toyota to use the new E3 platform.

Don't know what will happen to the UX, but it's urgently needing a deep upgrade to improve the powertrain and interior space.

Will1991

Reactions
June 26th we will get the new CH-R:

Considering what happened with the LBX, this time we should've more differentiation from the Toyota.

Either way, looking forward for this and what could mean to the UX that's urgently needing a makeover.

Will1991

Reactions
This is odd...

Creative311, that has been quite on point lately, is reporting this UX300h as a new facelift for the current model... Not a new one:

It's going to be announced this month and it's intended to be a safety upgrade because of the now launched LBX.

Considering the new CHR is coming with a 5th generation HSD system and a PHEV version... Why is Lexus putting money into this current UX?
But it does seems aligned, it received the facelift not that long ago...