Levi

Expert
Reactions
No, it is not the car to beat. TMC BOFs and Land Rovers/Ranger Rovers are in parallel worlds. No crossing.

mikeavelli

Reactions
The GX continues to be talked about with a ton of excitement. Crazy to think this was a model on the chopping block a few years ago.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
All this secret talk about GX and TX is getting me even more exited.

Can we at least confirm that both vehicles are coming in 2023?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I can sit here and imagine what I want, but the 3rd gen GX's [insert favorite word]gate is already a done deal. I do wonder if Lexus will do more (pains me to say this) "LRD" versions.

The LC300 has a diverse variety of trim levels and while they had their weird caveats (why are rear lockers only available on the GR) I'm wondering whether that will be something that the GX product planners will bring to the table for their customers who are more "weekend offroady". Its been their new strategy to appeal to more price points in every model launch thus far.

I also do wonder if @ssun30 predictions on a 500h powertrain being brought upto the 550. Interesting to say the least.

Last edited:

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I can sit here and imagine what I want, but the 3rd gen GX's [insert favorite word]gate is already a done deal. I do wonder if Lexus's will do more (pains me to say this) "LRD" versions.

The LC300 had a diverse variety of trim levels and while they had their weird caveats (why are rear lockers only available on the GR) I'm wondering whether that will be something GX product planners bring to table. Its been their new strategy to appeal to more price points in every model launch thus far.

I also do wonder if @ssun30 predictions on a 500h powertrain being brought upto the 550. Interesting to say the least.
I doubt the GX will get a 4 cylinder. Plus there are no GX500H trademark to my knowledge, only GX550.