Lexus Trademarks NX 300 & GS 300 Nameplates

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I think they are really designed well, but once you sit in it and explore a bit better you will see they are not using that much better (or better at all materials).

I just had some time at autoshow in all of MB products and while really nice, i think they look way better in pics. I was kind of disappointed with E class in real life since pics look so amazing...

I haven't been in the new E Class yet but was blown away by the GLC. Lexus' display was directly next to Mercedes at the LA Auto Show and I went back and forth between the NX and GLC for a good 20 or 30 minutes. To me, materials, detailing and construction of the GLC feel a solid 2-3 levels above NX. Quite frankly, NX interior feels a little more like a Toyota to me.

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reactions
I love the NX, and I think the issues that need addressing are are minimal. The market has fallen in love, but the NX just needs to get more luxurious for the 2018 refresh.

Personally, I'd make a Limited trim level at about $45-48k that adds a full V6 from the RX/GS (the 255HP V6 can't compete with RDX's 295 HP engine), a panoramic roof and the Mark Levinson sound system which is missing to this point. The F-Sport grille should be an option as well without having to go full F-Sport. Many want that grille without a red-black interior, for example.

You have the power and luxury of a RX, but you give up the size and cargo room. You're also paying RX prices.
Lexus isn't going to do this, but this would broaden the NX's appeal and give The People what they want.
BD

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
I think they are really designed well, but once you sit in it and explore a bit better you will see they are not using that much better (or better at all materials).

I just had some time at autoshow in all of MB products and while really nice, i think they look way better in pics. I was kind of disappointed with E class in real life since pics look so amazing...
Yes, same feeling here. My personal opinion is that it also applies to the Volvo XC90. There are some poor choices of materials (the black shiny buttons) which affects the perceived quality of the whole interior design. It is not as good looking in person as in the picture.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I love the NX, and I think the issues that need addressing are are minimal. The market has fallen in love, but the NX just needs to get more luxurious for the 2018 refresh.

Personally, I'd make a Limited trim level at about $45-48k that adds a full V6 from the RX/GS (the 255HP V6 can't compete with RDX's 295 HP engine), a panoramic roof and the Mark Levinson sound system which is missing to this point. The F-Sport grille should be an option as well without having to go full F-Sport. Many want that grille without a red-black interior, for example.

You have the power and luxury of a RX, but you give up the size and cargo room. You're also paying RX prices.
Lexus isn't going to do this, but this would broaden the NX's appeal and give The People what they want.
BD
You don't have to have a red black interior you can get just black.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
To me, materials, detailing and construction of the GLC feel a solid 2-3 levels above NX. Quite frankly, NX interior feels a little more like a Toyota to me.

Well, they may be in the same segments but I feel like they're for different consumers. The NX has more of a "wipe clean and go" kind of interior, where the GLC is more fussy. I'm a huge fan of the NX for that reason, feels like a better fit for people with kids and active lifestyles.

:imp:

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Well I figured there was an off chance I was wrong about the new trademarks. I guess that Toyota will actually stick to actual displacement, followed by t.

At this point, I am now more than certain that the 2018 LS will debut the new FI 3.0 V6. So far only that and the 2019 GS have been confirmed with that. It is likely not a GR engine, but new engine family.

Regarding the NX, the '15 NX300h Premier I look after for my sister is better equipped than an American NX300h, but not as refined as her previous '13 RX450h.

I sometimes use it on 2hr drives from Birmingham-Coventry to London or doing guest pickups from Heathrow/Gatwick, which is still a bit more comfortable than the sport seats in my Evoque.

There is very much difference between this and the RAV4, despite equivalencies by detractors. It is entry level and teters between the GLA and GLC.

I would say that adding the NX300 would greatly improve any concerns NX200t owners have with refinement.

Edited: My device's stupid autocorrect keeps deliberately making typos.

Last edited:

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Well I figured there was an off chance I was wrong about the new trademarks. I guess that Toyota will actually stick to actual displacement, followed by t.
Except for hybrids. And I think that "t" will disappear as soon as turbo engines become the norm in the Lexus lineup.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I noticed a few days, that it looks like in Australia, RX300 was trademarked by Toyota on March 8, 2016.

I'm going to make the same observation in my front page post about this, but the only thing better than Lexus bringing back the RX 300 would be reintroducing a LS 400.

Thanks for sharing!