Lexus Releases Image of Upcoming Tokyo Motor Show Concept

Reactions
This has to be sports model, all sports models have LED disconnected from the main headlight assembly.
I'm going to take a guess and say this is something that's supposed to be in 6-series category.

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
;)Great work on the brightening, but yes I was referring to the 5LS, not the LC coupe with the teaser. Definitely not a CT either. I was just pointing out to Olfius that LC is not referring to Lexus Cohen, but the upcoming coupe. I no longer call that LF-LC, only strictly LC or 950A (development name) and definitely not SC.

And I found the similarities of name initials just funny. No more than that. I knew what he is talking about. But thanks anyway.

RAL

Reactions
There appears to be quite a steep vertical pitch ...(into which the tip of the spindle grille recedes)... between the top of the hood and the "round-over" into the fender that encases the Triple L's ... Could this indicate a dramatic spindle grille much more substantially molded into the overall shape of the hood/front fascia?

Well ... pardon my discombobulated attempt at describing what I think I might see ... whatever, it is going to be dramatic!

mwyf

Founding Member
Reactions
Yeah thanks for resurfacing this render. It does look awfully similar to the teaser.
Agreed. The are similarities between the render and the teaser. But I really do hope, with all my fingers crossed, that they don't do the outrageous Mirai fenders. They would look terrible on an LS.

Reactions: RAL

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I'm reading a lot of it will be too bold for just an LS maybe an LSF...or am I really dreaming...?!

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
There appears to be quite a steep vertical pitch ...(into which the tip of the spindle grille recedes)... between the top of the hood and the "round-over" into the fender that encases the Triple L's ... Could this indicate a dramatic spindle grille much more substantially molded into the overall shape of the hood/front fascia?
Agreed. That's the top of a spindle grille.

Travis

Fan
Reactions
I LOVE the triple LED L shaped headlights. They look damn good. I was driving at night and there was a NX driving behind me... the lights looks damn cool a night you can really see the Letter L in the lights. Just dope and creative

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
And I found the similarities of name initials just funny. No more than that. I knew what he is talking about. But thanks anyway.
Oh okay, wasn't sure as it has been misleading the many conflicting reports about SC and LC.

It looks a lot like this render

Unfortunately, it very much is. I dismissed this as a potential 5LS design back in the summer elsewhere, but can see the front end might have some element of truth to it. The majority of the render is a lazy, uninspired attempt at guesstimating the final design.

Chase C.

Fan
Reactions
This has to be sports model, all sports models have LED disconnected from the main headlight assembly.
I'm going to take a guess and say this is something that's supposed to be in 6-series category.
Maybe, but look at the ES; disconnected LED's (for the most part), and clearly a luxury oriented model.

Chase C.

Fan
Reactions
I really like this spied concept mule thing. Really love the sloping, Panamera/Tesla-esque roof. Can't wait to see what they do!
14-01-19-lexus-four-door-coupe-hero.jpg 14-01-20-lexus-gs-four-door-coupe-page.jpg

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
eteVL4i.png

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/201...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I would dig this