krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-08-27-lexus-lfa-next-generation.jpg

Lexus executive vice-president Koji Sato gave quite an answer when asked by Autocar about a next-generation LFA supercar:

At the opposite end of the spectrum, Sato emphasised Lexus is not currently planning a follow-up to the limited-edition, V10-powered LFA, released in 2010.
“I love it but we need your help. We need strong requests for a new LFA from the media. This can help us proceed,” Sato said.

The LFA is one of the greatest outliers in automotive history, built purely by passion under a set of circumstances unlikely to occur again.
Perhaps Sato is just bored of the same boilerplate corporate response, but it’s time for Lexus to put the supercar storyline to bed. Of all the things the brand needs, a next-generation LFA has to be last on a very long list.

Continue reading...

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
Miyata plant is shutdown due to extremely heavy rain in Kyushu no info about restarting at the moment.

Hamed Al Ketbi

Founding Member
Reactions
YES PLEASE!!!
If Lexus will keep the LFA name alive. Will sure make Lexus step up their game. And the only issue is that Lexus is a little behind everyone. Which is I do not mind, because they perfect their work. I would only suggest them to be build a little faster. Finally, price? I don't think whoever bought or will buy the LFA will be worried about that. Because why? because it's the LFA

Last edited:

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Of course we want Lexus to build a next generation LFA, is there even the need to ask such a question😂? But I do wonder what route will Lexus take for this hypothetical next gen LFA.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I hope they don't call their next super/hyper car a successor to the LFA because it will not live up to that name almost guaranteed.

It will very likely be some full electric stuff, fuel cell or batteries or whatnot, not a work of god like the 1LR V10. Shame we never get to see that engine in its fullest form, only a small group of extremely previleged people at Yamaha and Lexus had seen and heard it screaming at full 12k rpm.

Let's hope price gonna be like NISSAN GT-R Nismo or Mercedes AMG GTR

That's the LC-F. A limited edition car like the LFA will never sell for 'pleb prices'.

Reactions
I may not have enough money to own one, but there is no one who is a bigger fan of the LFA than me. It stands as the absolute best car ever made, despite others being faster.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Hope they have another LFA, but doubt there is an appetite for it. I think Tanahashi san has retired.

On a side note, for the F brand, I only see Koji Sato representing as he worked on the RCF track edition and '20 RCF updates. Wonder what happened to father of F Yukihiko Yaguchi who built the ISF and RCF?

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Look I would be super excited for another LFA but why can’t we have consistent F models below that so more buyers can actually buy the F brand. How many can really afford an LFA...?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Look I would be super excited for another LFA but why can’t we have consistent F models below that so more buyers can actually buy the F brand. How many can really afford an LFA...?

"He's right... he's right."

"We need to launch a new yacht and then a private jet to address this issue."

I'm kidding, but it is kind of funny.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Yes, Lexus please bring us a 2LFA!!! Also please expand the F performance line...

IS F
GS F - TT V8
RC F
LC F - TT V8