Lexus May 2016 Sales Report

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Just wait till gas is $4.00 again (or higher), and all of these SUVs they are building now are sitting on the lot collecting dust. :oops:
That might be a very true statement has does seem to just keep rising...

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Well this generation of SUV's are more fuel efficient and they are even more car-like. I don't see the mass exodus back to small cars like before especially with things like HR-V, Juke, Q1, X1 around.....

Agreed. Body-on-frame SUV sales dropped during $4 gas, but CUVs continued to sell and get more refined. And something as simple as the ease of getting in and out of the higher seating position may well be the tie-breaker these days.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Agreed. Body-on-frame SUV sales dropped during $4 gas, but CUVs continued to sell and get more refined. And something as simple as the ease of getting in and out of the higher seating position may well be the tie-breaker these days.
Yawn, $4.00/gallon gas in US is largely expected at some point again. Still considered relatively cheap by many that are aware.

Yeah I honestly think next go round people won't really dump SUVs...they love them too much...

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
It wasn't that much better for Toyota...they still don't have enough SUVs/CUVs to sell (Which was why Jeep had a great month) because their core strength is the Camry, Corolla and Prius. While the first two sold all right, sales are slumping, and the Prius is doing worse continually in the midst of low gas prices. Tundra had a down month too. I wonder how much effect did that recent earthquake in Japan have on Toyota...

The majority of the Toyota lineup is built in North America, so I don't know how much impact the earthquakes would have had. IIRC, only the Prius/4Runner/Landcruiser are built solely in Japan.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions

Exactly, plus greatly improved CUV fuel efficiency in recent years and visibility/comfort that's very useful in congested urban areas where most American buyers actually live.