Lexus LFA Code X

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
ab8i8692_W610_H407.jpg

http://newsroom.toyota.co.jp/en/detail/5736875/

Now I know there was a recent news story on the front page about this and other Toyota Motorsport activities for 2015, but I felt that this warranted it's own thread.

It's quite likely that we won't be getting an LFA successor anytime soon, but this secretive machine is a most curious one. Custom-made completely carbon fiber chassis, a modified and enhanced 5.3L V10, custom rerouted exhaust and diffuser, modified custom front air and hood inlets, and who knows what other secrets. First raced last year in a few of the Nurburgring races, Toyota will race an updated version in 2015.

So although the chances of seeing an LFA successor are very low, Lexus is clearly developing something here, and that is very fascinating.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I had the chance to see this at the Tokyo Auto Salon in 2014 and it's something I'll never forget. I would love to see it race and hear it... Its clear this car was used as a test bed that is spreading to other Lexus vehicles!

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
I had the chance to see this at the Tokyo Auto Salon in 2014 and it's something I'll never forget. I would love to see it race and hear it... Its clear this car was used as a test bed that is spreading to other Lexus vehicles!

That's awesome! What interesting details did you spot in person?