Lexus SC Lexus LF-LC: SC or LC

D

DDas

I saw this article and started thinking "So, is the LF-LC going to be named LC or SC?" We saw that Lexus trademarked LC but we also have heard similar rumors long ago like this article about reviving the SC name. What do you guys think? Personally, I would like to see the SC name revived for this model because I feel like if Lexus made a "four-door coupe," then LC would be a more appropriate name (in my opinion).

Reactions: RAL

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
I saw this article and started thinking "So, is the LF-LC going to be named LC or SC?" We saw that Lexus trademarked LC but we also have heard similar rumors long ago like this article about reviving the SC name. What do you guys think? Personally, I would like to see the SC name revived for this model because I feel like if Lexus made a "four-door coupe," then LC would be a more appropriate name (in my opinion).

Definitely the LC in this case, but another coupe would be interesting under "SC". I honestly would dismiss that Automobile Magazine article, as they are not serious with their writing (regarding Toyota), if they keep on making such gaffes in face of contradictory evidence. Calling it the "SC", is like calling the new Mercedes-Benz C217 flagship coupe the "CL-Class", which it clearly is not.

It's S-Class Coupe, just as the new flagship Lexus coupe is the "LC" and not "SC". Never once did I even hear them refer to the S-Class Coupe as "CL redesign", as they cared enough to know better. All these other sources, are just lazily parroting the same erroneous speculations.

It is shameful how they are more proactive about posting inaccurate info or negative stories, than the leaks on the LX and Land Cruiser, that have extreme delays between actual publication and media outlets (C&D, MT, Auto Blog, etc) actually posting on them.

I trust trademarks more than lazy journalists, as I know how, when, where, and why they are filed at certain stages of development. The ES300h trademark was filed in late 2010, some time after Lexus finalised the production design of the 2013 ES. By that point, a car is past halfway done and everything starts to become more concrete. By now, a TX CUV has been signed off with a production body design or rejected.