Lexus LC to Reach USA Dealership by May 2017?

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Not trying to be off topic here with the LC but talking about release dates when is the RXL coming again?

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
So no F-Sport, which is doing well for them?

No surprises and what some of us have predicted since it's already built with high levels of sport injected in its design and performance. Next level up has to be bigger which is where the F model comes in.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Agreed. F-Sport is already baked into the LC, so having a base and an LC-F makes sense.

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
Here it is in the flesh. Caviar, to be exact. As seen at the September, 2016 3rd Anniversary Cars & Coffee of Palm Beach show. All images are copyrighted and should not be distributed without written consent of the photographer (me). Click on the link to see the full album of images.

*Special shoutout to Mike Forsythe for the heads up*

https://flic.kr/s/aHskHM9T9j

17LexusLC500_2160n.jpg

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
so
can we say that the next LX will be a Bentayga / Levante / Cayenne competitor
as high precision , high horsepower , very stable car based SUV but not 4 doors coupe like
this will be awesome
and the Land Cruiser brand will be born
as Land Rover competitor with full body on frame line-up

Levi

Expert
Reactions
so
as high precision , high horsepower , very stable car based SUV but not 4 doors coupe like
this will be awesome

The SUVs that you mention are not off-road/expedition capable. I also don't think the Lexus LX as is, is really needed. It should rather be something like the next generation Mercedes GLS and BMW X7.

As for the Land Cruiser, it should continue being offered in different variants, basic to luxury. Two issues of the Land Cruiser are the not easily removable 2nd and 3rd row seats. Then, a lesser issue, but that could benefit Toyota, are factory armored versions. BMW X5 and Mercedes M are available as VR4 and VR6, Mercedes also has the G and Range Rover a VR9 armored version.

I think styling is also a bit of an issue with the Land Cruiser.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
*i know that they have no off road capabilities but speed and stability capabilities and i want the LX to be like them from the next generation
*Land Cruiser brand can have under it all the body on frame that produced by Toyota from the Hi-Lux with it's (Fortuner & Innova) passing by the Tacoma with it's (4Runner , Prado & GX) until the Tundra with it's (current Land Cruiser, Sequoia & LX) and the LC70 with it's pickup and saloon types as the Defender / Wrangler / G-Wagon competitor

mikeavelli

Reactions
Yeah I would expect a X5/Cayenne competitor....or maybe a new flagship SUV above the LX....There is a Q9 and a X7 coming...

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
so
this will be awesome

I am relatively certain that the LX will remain Lexus' flagship SUV, but I think we will see new models below it in the future, such as RX L and a unibody CUV based on GA-L (GX replacement).

I also firmly believe that the LX will remain on the Land Cruiser 200 architecture for a while to come - body on frame with hardcore off road ability. Mark Templin made comments to this effect a few months ago when asked about the future of BOF vs. Unibody.

With that considered, I think some people could consider LX alongside something like a Bentayga as a flagship premium SUV (in the sense that there are different strokes for different folks in the flagship SUV arena), but I think a Levante/Cayenne/X5 competitor will be the GA-L-based GX replacement a few years down the line.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I am relatively certain that the LX will remain Lexus' flagship SUV, but I think we will see new models below it in the future, such as RX L and a unibody CUV based on GA-L (GX replacement).

I also firmly believe that the LX will remain on the Land Cruiser 200 architecture for a while to come - body on frame with hardcore off road ability. Mark Templin made comments to this effect a few months ago when asked about the future of BOF vs. Unibody.

With that considered, I think some people could consider LX alongside something like a Bentayga as a flagship premium SUV (in the sense that there are different strokes for different folks in the flagship SUV arena), but I think a Levante/Cayenne/X5 competitor will be the GA-L-based GX replacement a few years down the line.

Nice post. I agree it makes sense for it to be a sport SUV or a super luxury SUV. I'm sure Lexus is well aware they are missing out quite a bit on the sporty side (F-Sport RX/NX just are not in the same breathe as a Macan/Cayenne) as well as maybe planning for the future (super luxury SUV) .

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
You know how Lexus claimed that the LEDs headlights are the thinnest ever in a production car? Well I heard that Bugatti made the same claim with the Chiron:expressionless:

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions

so something like 2 flagships
GX for the street high performance SUV
LX for the off road super lux. SUV

???

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
No. LX will probably always be the flagship SUV, but there is room under LX for other products that serve other purposes (like a sporty GA-L based CUV). LX does not fill that niche at all.

Flagship = top end, best of the best. There is only one of those per segment: LS, LC, LX.