Lexus LC F High Performance Coupe Spotted?

VooDooXT

Premium Member
Reactions
The V10 engine alone is $75,000, this car would have to be priced at around 200k price point and that's out of my budget...lol

I wish New Engine Design 8000-8500 rpm is enough (like the M5 E60 V10) , not 9500 rpm like the 1LR-GUE in the LFA

LC-F is above level of the RC-F and the GS-F , i think it should have the new Engine , V10 hybrid or something to make the LC more special

<not the same , but close>

if lexus doesn't do that ..... i always want to try ..... 75,000$ for the masterpiece Engineering , it sound and it rev like the F1 Car , i can't afford the LFA , but this engine ; i can , The LC ; i can

but how possible to put it on the LC , i don't know

--------

in my country (Thailand) the price of the LFA is about "1 million USD (40 million baht)" that is bloody expensive. and the engine is about the same price as my toyota camry , that not much expensive , it possible !!!!
lol, true story !

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-11-24-lexus-lc-f-prototype-2-400x200.jpg

Was the camouflaged Lexus spotted at the Nürburgring this weekend actually a prototype of a LC F high performance coupe?
View the original article post

D

DDas

It only makes sense, in my opinion, to have an LCF variant especially for this type of model. Also, that picture gives somewhat (not very well at all) a view of the dashboard. Now, it's probably covered with cloth and plastic but still you can somewhat see what's to come. I'm excited! LC is going to be a big deal

Axel

Fan
Reactions
Wow thank you crew for this set up new comments on top with option to view old comments. This is nice

Reactions
This is probably the same camo'd LF-LC that was spotted in Germany (just outside of the 'Ring if I remember correctly) many months ago. I was convinced then that it was the LC F, didn't even have to look at the side for vents, just look at the grille. It screams, "Performance grille!" Now it has been spotted ON the 'Ring? I'm sold. We better see this beast in Detroit, don't even show the standard or F Sport. Alfa Romeo did it right by just going with the Giulia Quadrifoglio right off the bat. Lexus is unveiling things right these days. The LC and Giulia are my most anticipated cars at the moment.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Hopefully we're seeing the F variant dancing away here. Twin Turbo V8 with north of 600hp?

LexusTechSA

Founding Member
Reactions
I'm not convinced that it is the F model. When Lexus has tested F models all of them had the BBS wheels on not rather standard looking wheels. Also it may have twin exhaust tips but they are not stacked in the F style, which was done on both LC concepts ( both the red and blue). Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: CIF

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I'm not convinced that it is the F model. When Lexus has tested F models all of them had the BBS wheels on not rather standard looking wheels. Also it may have twin exhaust tips but they are not stacked in the F style, which was done on both LC concepts ( both the red and blue). Just my 2 cents.

That could be all part of the disguise though! They wouldn't put good looking rims on a test car or they'll get too much attention.

This prototype of the LC does not look like the LC spotted in California. It has no spindle grille, and no side vents. That means this must be the LC F prototype.

Did anyone realize that the back of the LF-LC Vision GT looks a lot like the Toyota FT-1? What if the LC F is based on the FT-1? Then we could figure out the powertrain and more?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions
Saw this on vtec.net from rolled (who from his posts seems to work for honda), that will debut at Detroit and have the following versions:
Will come in two versions.(2+2 FR Coupe)

LC500 NA 5.0L V8 10sp-AT
LC500H 3.5L NA V6 Hybrid

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Saw this on vtec.net from rolled (who from his posts seems to work for honda), that will debut at Detroit and have the following versions:

LC500 NA 5.0L V8 10sp-AT
LC500H 3.5L NA V6 Hybrid

Hmmm, not sure how true this could be, if this is from a Honda site, from a guy who seemingly works for Honda.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

LC500 NA 5.0L V8 10sp-AT
LC500H 3.5L NA V6 Hybrid

I think this is probably pretty close to accurate. We've heard the 10AT rumors with regard to the new LS, which this car will share an architecture and many components with.

Only caveat is that we were hearing about a V8 hybrid with 500hp... but a V6 hybrid with more like 375-400hp is more plausible to me, for a lot of reasons.

Just a few more weeks to wait!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Also, I'm weary of a 10AT. I feel like Lexus finally got the gearing on their 8AT just right. With so many people unhappy with 9ATs, it makes me wonder if there is real merit in a 10AT or if this is merely a numbers contest.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
If a 10AT ends up true, yeah not sure how viable that will be in real world conditions.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Also, I'm weary of a 10AT. I feel like Lexus finally got the gearing on their 8AT just right. With so many people unhappy with 9ATs, it makes me wonder if there is real merit in a 10AT or if this is merely a numbers contest.

This is a case where more isn't better -- at what point during a drive would a ninth or tenth gear be necessary? Driving on an abandoned road in the desert?

Reactions

LC500 NA 5.0L V8 10sp-AT
LC500H 3.5L NA V6 Hybrid

Hmmm, not sure how true this could be, if this is from a Honda site, from a guy who seemingly works for Honda.
True its from a honda source but it seems reasonable.

5.0L from the F line as standard and the 10 speed has been rumored in the past and would be a diffentiator marketing wise from competition.acura has a 9 speed std on many models and even some hondas have it. For your flagship you have to look food even if it doesn't really improve the driving experience.

V6 hybid maybe the new lithium ion batteries so almost 400 hpwould be great. The design needs more then the gs450h.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
True its from a honda source but it seems reasonable.

5.0L from the F line as standard and the 10 speed has been rumored in the past and would be a diffentiator marketing wise from competition.acura has a 9 speed std on many models and even some hondas have it. For your flagship you have to look food even if it doesn't really improve the driving experience.

V6 hybid maybe the new lithium ion batteries so almost 400 hpwould be great. The design needs more then the gs450h.

Yeah it does match some earlier rumors. We'll see soon I guess.