Lexus LBX Megathread

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Reactions
is this based on the corrolla or something?

Also, is Lexus just going to announce everything that week (TX, GX, LBX)

wait, a 3 letter model, Im so confused now

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Poor job by BestCar with the render this time. And they also predicted this will be EV only but it could be a hybrid since it still has a grille.
01_LEXUS_Cmpct_SUV_F_230326_SO.jpg

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I always kinda liked the CT200h. A successor would be nice. A LBX-F with the G16 engine would be pretty fun too.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions

LEXUS TO UNVEIL THE ALL-NEW LBX ON JUNE 5TH, 2023

Lexus will debut the journey of the all-new LBX on June 5th, 2023
In anticipation of the premiere, today Lexus is releasing a video clip and images lifting a tip of the veil on this new model’s signature lighting.
Press materials will be posted Monday, June 5th at 08:00am CET on the following site: https://newsroom.lexus.eu
lbxteaserfront.jpglbxteaserrearlights.jpg

Shocks me quite a bit to see it's coming this year and not next! One even knew more about the TX and GX, than even this vehicle! They really know how to keep some things under wraps in terms of launch timetable. I am fulfilled in the belief, every ICE vehicle revealed here on December 14, 2021 was real. All production vehicles, nothing was incomplete.

lexus-revealed-the-look-of-its-future-petrol-car-lineup-and-nobody-even-noticed_7.jpg
teaser-for-lexus-subcompact-crossover_100819855_h.jpg
With TX I was 90% convinced, but I was worried about this coming to market (LBX).
Next-gen-Lexus-GX-2024-teaser.jpg
Now everything was obviously real and nothing fake or placeholder. Including that 8G 2025 ES shown here.
burlappcar-lexus-4es.jpg
The front fascias were cleverly masked via digital distortion, but they were all representative of the production vehicles, all of them interestingly bread & butter FWD-based product, versus the adamant refusal to let out any aspect of GX (mega surprise) and of course, things RWD GA-L and etc in that presentation on December 14, 2021. That was basically a Christmas present, to anyone who owns a Lexus (or simply curious) and wanted to know what was coming on the bread and butter product front in terms of design.

Something tells me that is what the production 2025 ES looks like and it would mean, like the newest Tacoma, they reached pencils down REALLY early more than 3 years before production begins in 2024.

The one production date I had seen for that vehicle was September 2024 SOP, but that remains to be seen if all of that even holds through anyway. I would think an ES 450h+ or ES 500h would be at least offered, yet no trademarks filed just 18 months out?

Anyway, LBX was the next key to the puzzle, for me to trust that showcase as most legitimate public display of future product a company was working on up to THREE model years out.

A lot of people (car enthusiasts) do not appreciate how rare it was to do that for Akio Toyoda, when you run the risk of exposing yourself to competition and they weren't afraid for some reason like they usually are in terms of secrecy. The eTNGA aspect complicates things with maybe some of those BEVs displayed, but not so much the ICE product in the background.

Basically Lexus called a roll call in December 2021 and all of those new B&B models through 2025, lifted up their right tire and said PRESENT! Of course, they'll save the RWD ICE product for last and not play all of their cards at once.

Reactions
i like the silhouette! what puzzles me is why not revive the CT name, or even maybe derivative and do CX?

Also, what do we think the one to the right of the BX is? Are they going with 3 letters or is it Lexus BX?

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
lexus-202393475-1678202874_1.jpg

This is probably 90% close to what we're gonna see.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions

LEXUS TO UNVEIL THE ALL-NEW LBX ON JUNE 5TH, 2023

Lexus will debut the journey of the all-new LBX on June 5th, 2023
In anticipation of the premiere, today Lexus is releasing a video clip and images lifting a tip of the veil on this new model’s signature lighting.
Press materials will be posted Monday, June 5th at 08:00am CET on the following site: https://newsroom.lexus.eu
View attachment 7174View attachment 7179

Shocks me quite a bit to see it's coming this year and not next! One even knew more about the TX and GX, than even this vehicle! They really know how to keep some things under wraps in terms of launch timetable. I am fulfilled in the belief, every ICE vehicle revealed here on December 14, 2021 was real. All production vehicles, nothing was incomplete.

View attachment 7175
View attachment 7176
With TX I was 90% convinced, but I was worried about this coming to market (LBX).
View attachment 7178
Now everything was obviously real and nothing fake or placeholder. Including that 8G 2025 ES shown here.
View attachment 7177
The front fascias were cleverly masked via digital distortion, but they were all representative of the production vehicles, all of them interestingly bread & butter FWD-based product, versus the adamant refusal to let out any aspect of GX (mega surprise) and of course, things RWD GA-L and etc in that presentation on December 14, 2021. That was basically a Christmas present, to anyone who owns a Lexus (or simply curious) and wanted to know what was coming on the bread and butter product front in terms of design.

Something tells me that is what the production 2025 ES looks like and it would mean, like the newest Tacoma, they reached pencils down REALLY early more than 3 years before production begins in 2024.

The one production date I had seen for that vehicle was September 2024 SOP, but that remains to be seen if all of that even holds through anyway. I would think an ES 450h+ or ES 500h would be at least offered, yet no trademarks filed just 18 months out?

Anyway, LBX was the next key to the puzzle, for me to trust that showcase as most legitimate public display of future product a company was working on up to THREE model years out.

A lot of people (car enthusiasts) do not appreciate how rare it was to do that for Akio Toyoda, when you run the risk of exposing yourself to competition and they weren't afraid for some reason like they usually are in terms of secrecy. The eTNGA aspect complicates things with maybe some of those BEVs displayed, but not so much the ICE product in the background.

Basically Lexus called a roll call in December 2021 and all of those new B&B models through 2025, lifted up their right tire and said PRESENT! Of course, they'll save the RWD ICE product for last and not play all of their cards at once.

What RWD ICE are there gonna be? We know there will be an IS but only pure EV. Then there's this LFR with TTV8 PHEV.
I can't think of any potential ICE product besides the LS.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
RC and LC.

I'm still in the camp that Lexus should build RWD SUVs.

I'm still unsure of a RWD ICE future in all honesty. It only makes sense the IS goes EV to battle the i4 and LS goes EV to battle the Taycan/EQS/i7/A8 E-Tron, and I can't see Lexus affording to develop ICE alongside those.

Only ICE RWD would probably be the LFR(unless it is AWD with electric front motors) and I'm sure it'll be the sole coupe in Lexus's lineup from '26 on.

Reactions
I'm still unsure of a RWD ICE future in all honesty. It only makes sense the IS goes EV to battle the i4 and LS goes EV to battle the Taycan/EQS/i7/A8 E-Tron, and I can't see Lexus affording to develop ICE alongside those.

Only ICE RWD would probably be the LFR(unless it is AWD with electric front motors) and I'm sure it'll be the sole coupe in Lexus's lineup from '26 on.

I think Lexus understands that the LC is an important vehicle for their lineup and should they tend to the RC more often it will get as many sales as the competitors.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Won't a street version of the LFR essentially take the LC's role tho, as a flagship high end coupe? Imagine an "LFR Touring" like the GT3 Touring.. that would be sick.

But if all LFR are incredibly high performance oriented and 200k+, then yeah it does make sense to have an LC successor for the 100k GT segment, tho it would likely be full EV.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Won't a street version of the LFR essentially take the LC's role tho, as a flagship high end coupe? Imagine an "LFR Touring" like the GT3 Touring.. that would be sick.

But if all LFR are incredibly high performance oriented and 200k+, then yeah it does make sense to have an LC successor for the 100k GT segment, tho it would likely be full EV.

Nooo. Refine current v8 and add a lite hybrid system to boost additional 50 hp.

Reactions

Mercedes-Benz had the S-Class Coupé and the AMG GT. BMW had the 8-Series Coupé and the i8. Think of the relationship between the LC and the LFR as that. :)

Your second sentence is what I'm trying to imply here. They are in two completely different markets, as with the LC and RC.

Reactions
lexus-202393475-1678202874_1.jpg

This is probably 90% close to what we're gonna see.

If they give this a couple more inches of ground clearance this would be a great UX replacement. Or maybe it's tall enough as is, the UX is basically a hatchback. why does we need both this and the UX, I know it's euro only, but the US gets the terrible in every aspect UX.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
The UX front looks much nicer than this LBX in my opinion.

The UX interior looks premium and pleasing too but yeah, the handling dynamics is probably typical Toyota FWD SUV.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
If they give this a couple more inches of ground clearance this would be a great UX replacement. Or maybe it's tall enough as is, the UX is basically a hatchback. why does we need both this and the UX, I know it's euro only, but the US gets the terrible in every aspect UX.
If the BX/LBX is based on the Yaris Cross, it would be one size smaller than the UX (which is based on the Toyota C-HR and Corolla Hatchback), so it would not be a replacement for the UX.

It also would not be available in North America, where the UX (and C-HR) are already too small.