Lexus IS F SPORT Performs Well in Motor Trend Luxury Sedan Comparison

Brooks2IS

Premium Member
Reactions
Not sure if anyone has read this month's issue of Motor Trend, but 30 pages before Alfa wins the $399/month challenge, editor-in-chief Edward Loh tells the story of how a Giulia Quadrifoglio completely died on him and had to be towed off. Very, very reassuring.

Reactions
Not sure if anyone has read this month's issue of Motor Trend, but 30 pages before Alfa wins the $399/month challenge, editor-in-chief Edward Loh tells the story of how a Giulia Quadrifoglio completely died on him and had to be towed off. Very, very reassuring.
Which media outlet's fleet Giulia didn't do that? :D

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I think automotive magazines are generally way too subjective, even in this case where MT attempted to be objective. I feel that a good number of shoppers would have reservations paying $400/month for a car with no history. Who knows, that Alfa may be sitting in the service bay for 20 months out of the 36 month lease?

It's a lot easier to gamble on that money when you aren't paying for it, Motor Trend. Rational shoppers will look elsewhere.

not so sure they were trying to be objective. Alfa isnt going to sell much, because it does not seem like luxury vehicle and it does not have brand power to fall back on.

I wonder if next IS is going to end up any lighter.

Also, they mentioned IS has "advanced" rating, but thats for all IS... new IS that they tested has new LSS+ which has superior rating and is generally a top system for free, big advantage Lexus (old one was expensive and crap).