Lexus GSF Review For Jalopnik, totally weird and bizarre

Reactions
Being offered a free Lexus GS F for the weekend felt like being offered custody of the child of a distant relative who had just died. Of course I said yes, but deep down I wished it might just get lost before it ever got to me, because I have other things to do.
http://jalopnik.com/lexus-review-for-jalopnik-1782676873

Some bizarre review for the GSF...honestly, I think the problem should lie with Toyota/Lexus NY PR...is this the press they ask for when they loan out vehicles? They give a loaner to some guy who just parks it and takes it to IKEA...not even to Monticello Motor Club or whatever nearby track to string out...

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
Couldn't take anything seriously after the first sentence. Jalopnik really is a hit-or-miss site with their articles and I feel like a lot of them are click-baity just trying to stir up some type of response.

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
My reaction to this was WTF was Jalopnik thinking? The writer was petulant, smug, prejudiced and downright stupid (e.g. "I'm told the Lexus had heated seats but I couldn't figure out how to turn them on."). The story wasn't funny, informative or entertaining and a waste of the time taken to read it.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Lexus should revoke their press car pass. What an absurd review and a waste of time. How can that be considered a review, it wasn't even funny it came off like a pompous clown who got a chance to drive an awesome car and just was completely biased against it.

I will simply note that instead of buying this Lexus, you could invest the purchase price in conservative financial instruments and, in 35 years, have enough money to purchase an entire city bus for the MTA. What a lovely legacy that would be—the one vehicle that actually deserves to be on our city streets, plying its sensible route thanks to your kindness. Or, you could buy an ugly car that will be in a landfill by then. The choice is yours.

I’m told the Lexus has heated seats, but I couldn’t figure out how to turn them on.

That is his summary: unamused:. You know Jeremy Clarkson has inspired many to become journalists but unfortunately too many want to read like Clarskson and it just looks awful like a knock-off Rolex.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Some bizarre review for the GSF...honestly, I think the problem should lie with Toyota/Lexus NY PR...is this the press they ask for when they loan out vehicles? They give a loaner to some guy who just parks it and takes it to IKEA...not even to Monticello Motor Club or whatever nearby track to string out...

You can see the angle -- guy that doesn't drive a car tests out new Lexus, but it misses the mark completely. I have a feeling the author is probably a character on the Gawker network sites, but that doesn't mean anything to me.

Two thumbs down.

Reactions
You can see the angle -- guy that doesn't drive a car tests out new Lexus, but it misses the mark completely. I have a feeling the author is probably a character on the Gawker network sites, but that doesn't mean anything to me.

Two thumbs down.
Its funny, the guy writing the article is supposedly just a guest...one of their main writers that actually drove the GSF and likes it, but who knows what's going at Gawker given that they're in bankruptcy. Like I said with the Bloomberg review of the GS F Sport, HIPSTER.
Hamilton Nolan said:
I do not own a car, nor have I owned a car in more than a decade, but I drive rental cars several times a year, and have accumulated only a handful of criminal driving violations in my lifetime.
Note to Lexus PR: Do not drop off cars in the vicinity of Williamsburg in Brooklyn.

Reactions
Lexus should revoke their press car pass. What an absurd review and a waste of time. How can that be considered a review, it wasn't even funny it came off like a pompous clown who got a chance to drive an awesome car and just was completely biased against it.
You have pull with the Lexus area offices, do it! :D:D
soup-nazi.jpg

Last edited:

Och

Admirer
Reactions
That nasally pluck named brainless moron throws himself around like a Brooklyn native in the article, but I can sense a hipster gentrifier from anywhere. i wish people like him would just move back to the flyoverlands.