Lexus Europe 2019 Sales Report

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
Toyota overthrew Skoda as no1 best selling brand in Poland. In September Toyota had astonishing growth of 43%. Now Toyota has pole position in Finland, Greece and Poland. New Corolla is doing extremely well, in Ireland it has become best selling vehicle surpassing Qashqai and in Finland it is about to surpass Octavia in the last months of this year.

Last edited:

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Amazing records, they need another sub CUV with CH-R, also I am more optimistic because of the new Yaris, I think it will do amazing job by it's own

Now they need a real more engaging Camry size sedan, as the Camry did not penetrate the European taste and won't do it without much more agility

Returning back to Lexus as a brand by it's self they need a new NX / RC / IS ASAP those must be lexus core cars sold in Europe

And if I dare to dream I want the next generation NX and RX to be FR, if the FF Toyota will be FR why Lexus won't!

Last edited:

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Thanks.

With BEVs, I think it would be silly to do FWD versus RWD. I would actually want AWD since there is not a huge compromise (complexity and fuel consumption) and maybe even for redundancy, that the Tesla Model AWD (dual motor) advertises but doesn't seem to have.

Just see how plain jane the Honda E is but it's still fun to drive because the motors drive the rear axle. :)

LDeleuran

Fan
Reactions
Toyota overthrew Skoda as no1 best selling brand in Poland. In September Toyota had astonishing growth of 43%. Now Toyota has pole position in Finland, Greece and Poland. New Corolla is doing extremely well, in Ireland it has become best selling vehicle surpassing Qashqai and in Finland it is about to surpass Octavia in the last months of this year.

The new Corolla 2.0 hybrid is on fire in Europe. This is purely anecdotal, but my father got one recently and now my mother signed for one as well! I test drove the 1.8 and 2.0 back to back and the difference is staggering! This engine has to get into the C-HR stat!

Seeing it in the CT would also be nice, given that it still sells in Europe.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Honestly the future is shining in Europe for lexus if they can make the architecture of the recent Tokyo concept soon, in a real production body, in wheel motors will open infinite performance and handling, they will get a great percentage from the BEVs market with that architecture

Last edited:

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Honestly the future is shining in Europe for lexus if they can make the architecture of the recent Tokyo concept soon, in a real production body, in wheel motors will open infinite performance and handling, they will get a great percentage from the BEVs market with that architecture

Check the one about toughness testing. Also that high degree steering.

I would love in-wheel motors but I'd settle for three electric motors (two in the rear for torque vectoring) or even the clutch based Lexus TVD, if it will work on BEVs.

People on another forum laughed at me when I suggest I want torque vectoring or solid state battery (extended range and no planned obsolescence) but that I will be willing to settle for one or the other if I have no choice. Torque vectoring is natural with BEVs and will make them feel much more nimbler.

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
LEXUS POSTS RECORD SALES AND SIXTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR OF GROWTH IN EUROPE

• Lexus Europe* sold 87,206 vehicles in 2019, a new record
  • Lexus is one of the fastest-growing automotive brands in the region, increasing its sales by 14% in 2019
  • In just six years, Lexus has more than doubled its European sales volume
  • Self-charging hybrid vehicles accounted for 96% of the company’s sales in Western Europe* in the past year

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
good & somehow logic numbers , they need to push harder in PHEV , after the number of the RAV4 prime they already have a wild card in their hands

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
more detailed numbers for TMME, including Lexus can be found in TMME press release:

If you are researching numbers, non-hybrids is eastern europe/Russia mostly while hybrids do not sell well there. So it is easy to see what is what.

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
more detailed numbers for TMME, including Lexus can be found in TMME press release:

If you are researching numbers, non-hybrids is eastern europe/Russia mostly while hybrids do not sell well there. So it is easy to see what is what.
Specially in Russia, Belarus and Kazakstan. In Ukraine apart from GX and LX (which obviously don't offer hybrid variants) Hybrid share is quite high.

Ps Another 14% growth in 2020 will result in 100000 cars sold

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Specially in Russia, Belarus and Kazakstan. In Ukraine apart from GX and LX (which obviously don't offer hybrid variants) Hybrid share is quite high.

Russia, yes.

They can do 100k only with new NX/IS/CT OR if Russia recovers and picks up the slack. Russia is their biggest market in Europe.

Good numbers and finally their dealers can relax a bit and enjoy sales. It was not easy to sell Lexus during the financial crisis in europe.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I am half Russian and i know it

that's what I wanna say LC200 and GX are among the top sellers in post Soviet

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
I am half Russian and i know it

that's what I wanna say LC200 and GX are among the top sellers in post Soviet
In past 18 months I've visited Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. I can't help but noticing how different car market is there compared to rest of the Europe