Lexus did it again-Lexus tops J.D. Power 2024 Vehicle Dependability Survey

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Wow! I am pleasantly surprised to see Chevrolet so far up the ladder, and even Dodge and Jeep above the Study Average (although Chrysler still proudly holds up the ladder from the bottom). Surprising is how low Honda (and Acura) is.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Does this include survey on owner satisfaction with the RZ BEV?

Sucks that infotainment issues are also included.

pacman1

Fan
Reactions
...Mini at 3? 😂
I know, lol. I think it comes down to Mini having a very limited line up, very few new parts/tech that they have to correct.

Sort of makes it even more amazing that Lexus/Toyota consistently dominating first place with the gargantuan line up they have and all the new tech they’ve started incorporating in the past couple years. It’s nothing short of amazing.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I know, lol. I think it comes down to Mini having a very limited line up, very few new parts/tech that they have to correct.

They are all based on the same basic platform and same basic drivetrains now. Interior tech is basically the same, too. That said, the F series chassis are a significant improvement over the Rover platforms from '02-'15ish. My wife has had an F54 Clubman with the B46 for almost 8 years now. We had a stuck parking brake (warranty), some tabs on the cupholder came loose (warranty), an evap valve ($150, 15 minute repair), a new 12V battery ($250, 15 minute repair), and front brake pads ($100, 45 minute job). As much as I'm excited to have it off the books when her UX comes in, I can't significantly complain about the quality of the vehicle. I do believe that they are a car that needs to be pampered a bit. Hitting potholes on the regular is going to wear out suspension components and those hits will cascade into interior clips. I don't get the feeling that it is built quite as robustly as my Toyotas.