suxeL

Follower
Reactions
This isn't exactly a stock engine, but I would bet it's a TT V8
89546021_10158090657607354_7475278651840266240_o.jpg

89939498_10158090657622354_5593161469484072960_o.jpg
Can we take a moment to appreciate the race spec zip tied carbon fiber pieces besides that trim....I knew zip ties were legit

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Recession/Depression is not a reason to kill the LC F. These cars (ultra luxury) are usually not affected. Cars affected are mid range, ultra luxury, long term value (Toyota) and budget (Dacia) sell well.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Again

The recession is like a show meeting for whom have money, to still show everyone around , that he/she still have enough

Will1991

Reactions
Bad news... Lexus will not go to Germany to run 24h of Nurburing.

This year, the team was planning to run a new engine and peripheral technologies in the Lexus LC. In the present circumstances, however, and given how demanding the 24 Hours of Nürburgring is for race cars, it would have proven more difficult for the team and the race car to complete the 24 hours race in a safe manner. For these reasons, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing has decided not to participate in this year's 24 Hours of Nürburgring. We apologize to our fans who are always supporting us and who had been awaiting this year's 24 Hours race, but ask for your understanding of our decision.

001.jpg

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/32647234.html

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
No, it may mean that the production will appear first instead of the race car

I know they wanted it's introduction to be the same way as LFA, but that's the new normal

From my view, a race won't make them stop. especially in this era where the lux and ultra lux product selling better

Last edited:
Reactions
Hi, Im a new one here, just bought LC 500, 2018. I was wondering should I set up a racing steering wheel. I mean, I like the way it looks but I’m not that sure about the practical side. Does anybody have it? Is that suitable in terms of options and stuff. Which one would you recommend?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Hi, Im a new one here, just bought LC 500, 2018. I was wondering should I set up a racing steering wheel. I mean, I like the way it looks but I’m not that sure about the practical side. Does anybody have it? Is that suitable in terms of options and stuff. Which one would you recommend?

Might want to post a separate discussion in the Lexus coupe forums here.

Do you mean an aftermarket steering wheel?

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
What other sports cars could this be referring to? I know it is a rather general statement but I don’t see Toyota/Lexus having 2 flagship/halo level sports cars.

Theoretically they could go with a Mercedes-AMG strategy with the LC slotted towards the S/SL and another sports car slotted towards the AMG GT. The RC could be that car but the V35a seems like a better fit considering it’s competition. The Supra nameplate would work in this role but Toyota is hellbent on the car having an inline 6 (but it also has a 4 cylinder so that is a little contradicting) so I don’t see it having a V8 either.

Another theory is a 4 door LC like the M8 Gran Coupé or AMG GT 4 Door. I don’t understand the marketing behind the 4 coupes even though they sell, but I don’t see this happening either.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I don’t understand the marketing behind the 4 coupes even though they sell, but I don’t see this happening either.

Lower, wider more sporty thus stylish stance rather than tall threebox shape with upright windows.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Lower, wider more sporty thus stylish stance rather than tall threebox shape with upright windows.

i think he meant 4 doors, where the point is that you can use it as family car. Where with 2/3 doors, you can not.

My A7 is a family vehicle.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
i think he meant 4 doors, where the point is that you can use it as family car. Where with 2/3 doors, you can not.

My A7 is a family vehicle.
Yes, I understood that. A7 compared to A6 is sportier, wider, stylish. First gen A7 being something new, looked like a 4 door R8 style supercar. A7 looks very impressive compared to the two other, 8 GranCoupe is better this gen.

A 4 door LC would be nice, but the 2 door LC is too good to delute with a 4 door version, as all do now. That is what we expected the new GS to be, which would be a better fit. See how the Genesis G80 second gen evolved.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
What other sports cars could this be referring to? I know it is a rather general statement but I don’t see Toyota/Lexus having 2 flagship/halo level sports cars.

Theoretically they could go with a Mercedes-AMG strategy with the LC slotted towards the S/SL and another sports car slotted towards the AMG GT. The RC could be that car but the V35a seems like a better fit considering it’s competition. The Supra nameplate would work in this role but Toyota is hellbent on the car having an inline 6 (but it also has a 4 cylinder so that is a little contradicting) so I don’t see it having a V8 either.

Another theory is a 4 door LC like the M8 Gran Coupé or AMG GT 4 Door. I don’t understand the marketing behind the 4 coupes even though they sell, but I don’t see this happening either.

I wish. Again Lexus offers not one 4 door coupe. Mercedes is on the THIRD generation CLS. The SECOND generation CLA. And AMG GT 4 door coupe sits atop the lineup. Reviews have called it breathtaking and honestly if I had it, one would sit in my garage as the family car.

Oh and MPLexus alerted me a CLE is coming, slotted between the CLA and CLS.

I take my family everywhere in my LC. It large enough to not be awfully tight and my kid is tall but not that tall yet. If they had a.4 door LC that would be super attractive. It won't happen though.

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
I wish. Again Lexus offers not one 4 door coupe. Mercedes is on the THIRD generation CLS. The SECOND generation CLA. And AMG GT 4 door coupe sits atop the lineup. Reviews have called it breathtaking and honestly if I had it, one would sit in my garage as the family car.

Oh and MPLexus alerted me a CLE is coming, slotted between the CLA and CLS.

I take my family everywhere in my LC. It large enough to not be awfully tight and my kid is tall but not that tall yet. If they had a.4 door LC that would be super attractive. It won't happen though.

This motor has so potential to shake things up, especially if it is able to meet tightening regulations, it would be a shame to not put it in other models. A sports car platform with 2/4 doors sized between the LC and Supra would be perfect.