James

Founding Member
Reactions
Any chances we get a commercial out of the V8TT for tomorrow' super bowl? Would be sweet to confirm it during something as popular as the Super bowl! Problem is I guess they would have to confirm the car as well right...

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Nice attempt at calling me out buddy.

"Knee-jerk reactionists which changes their mind about Lexus every time a new rumor comes out". That seems like a direct aim at me. By the way if you're trying to start something by implying it's me just know that I have been sick of Lexus for the past several months, and this is probably the only thing that made me excited other than the LC Convertible this year. I suggest you to watch it.

to add to Silver Arrows' post, the RC F track edition was a huge let down. That car is not a serious track car by any means and really did little, if anything, to improve the RC F. It just added to the price. Since I got my LC, I have moved on an now I own a 2018 911 GT3; I would like to see if Lexus can get anywhere near the quality of a 911 GT3 (or GT3 RS). The video is interesting and the car looks impressive. However, I do not expect much from the LC F because essentially Lexus makes comfy, heavy, not agile, luxury sports cars, not seriously competitive sports cars, such as a 911 (even the carrera S, let alone the GT3, RS or Turbo), AMG GT, C8 Corvette, Shelby GT500 and perhaps a NSX, all of which are less than $200 k (C8 and GT500 are relatively inexpensive). If Lexus can come up with a relatively light (the GT3 weighs about 3120 lbs), fast, and agile sports car that track enthusiasts would want to bring to the track, I will be surprised. but interested if it actually happens

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
to add to Silver Arrows' post, the RC F track edition was a huge let down. That car is not a serious track car by any means and really did little, if anything, to improve the RC F. It just added to the price. Since I got my LC, I have moved on an now I own a 2018 911 GT3; I would like to see if Lexus can get anywhere near the quality of a 911 GT3 (or GT3 RS). The video is interesting and the car looks impressive. However, I do not expect much from the LC F because essentially Lexus makes comfy, heavy, not agile, luxury sports cars, not seriously competitive sports cars, such as a 911 (even the carrera S, let alone the GT3, RS or Turbo), AMG GT, C8 Corvette, Shelby GT500 and perhaps a NSX, all of which are less than $200 k (C8 and GT500 are relatively inexpensive). If Lexus can come up with a relatively light (the GT3 weighs about 3120 lbs), fast, and agile sports car that track enthusiasts would want to bring to the track, I will be surprised. but interested if it actually happens
do you still own the LC 500?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

Isnt AMG GT 3600+ lbs?

I dont think Lexus will make another 911... nobody does, do they?

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I'm not sure *Porsche* is gonna make too many more 911s in the classic style. I'm positive Lexus won't, given Mercedes and BMW and the Italians haven't.

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
Anyone else think the LC F will coincide with a mid cycle redesign of the LC? Super excited for this to come to fruition. It does bring back memories of the days of LFA development and speculation.

ACEtheOG

Founding Member
Reactions
Finally, something to be excited about! I'm prepared, cash in hand, ready to retire the IS-F.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Anyone else think the LC F will coincide with a mid cycle redesign of the LC? Super excited for this to come to fruition. It does bring back memories of the days of LFA development and speculation.
Yes, it will. A mistake, but oh well.

Reactions
Car looks and sounds serious. You can tell in most of the video that they aren't pushing it so it'll probably be even better once we hear it at the Nurburgring races. I'm thinking they enter it in one of the N24 qualifying races in March or April. So not long to see it in action!

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I'm not sure *Porsche* is gonna make too many more 911s in the classic style. I'm positive Lexus won't, given Mercedes and BMW and the Italians haven't.

my bet is that Porsche will continue to make 911s in the same style. although they made the transmission in the 992 edition large enough to accommodate hybrid tech, the word is that they are not pursuing that, at least for the years to come. It will be interesting to see, however.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
my bet is that Porsche will continue to make 911s in the same style. although they made the transmission in the 992 edition large enough to accommodate hybrid tech, the word is that they are not pursuing that, at least for the years to come. It will be interesting to see, however.

they will certainly do it, simply because in few years they wont be able to satisfy EU laws without paying a lot of money for green credits, which would then increase prices of their cars.